Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We always had dealer installed moonroof air deflectors for our cars. It seems Toyota doesn’t have that option for 2021.

The wind noise is deafening with that loud ear drum thuding noise when our moonroof is open on the highway.

Has anyone installed a moonroof deflector on their 2021 Sienna yet?

Currently leaning to this one below, but not sure how the tape will hold up and/or if it screws-up the paint:

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
236 Posts
The 3M VHB double-sided tape these outer accessories use tend to be very good in my experience. I've got a roof spoiler and lower door moldings on my sedan installed with the tape and it has never once moved. On a previous car I installed window deflectors and a spoiler the same way and there was no issue. The key is in surface prep. Clean the area, then wipe it down with a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe and let it dry fully. Then stick it down in one shot and let it cure properly in the sun.

It should not mess up the paint and to remove it you need to use a heat gun to heat it up then slowly peel it off. You may need to use a bug and tar remover or goo gone + alcohol to get all of the adhesive off if you ever do wish to remove it, but it can be done without damaging the clear coat.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @np20412 for the first hand experience.

We are going through a car wash about 1x/week (unlimited plan). I suspect you went through many car washes as well.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
236 Posts
Thanks @np20412 for the first hand experience.

We are going through a car wash about 1x/week (unlimited plan). I suspect you went through many car washes as well.

Thanks again!
Unfortunately that I can't comment on, at least not an automatic tunnel wash. I wash them all by hand with a pressure washer, which I take to it regularly and right up close with no I'll effects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts