Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago, while planning my camper build, I posted a thread looking for layout diagrams and said I'd share photos as the build went along. I then promptly forgot all about it.

I've got a full album up on imgur, but here are a few preview pics. If anyone knows how to tag users, I'd love to summon Toronto sienna, who had suggested sharing pics in the first place.

-------

Rosie, my faithful steed

Interior in "Couch Mode"

Converting to "bed mode"

Galley & Garage

Galley in use

My DIY center console

Last year's five month route (each color is a different month, May—Oct)

Anyway, there are a bunch more photos at the album, along with a write-up. I'm also happy to answer questions if anyone has any!

· Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Your story invoked the vibe of "Travels with Charlie in Search of America". Steinbeck's route was not dissimilar, and "Rosie" is not all that far from "Rosinant" :).

The combination of hardwood floors, a minivan w/o ACC and other gimmickery, and a collection of compact cassettes is wildly nostalgic - for those who lament the sweet hardships of the analog world.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the kind words! As it happens, I actually re-read "Travels With Charlie" not a year or two before getting started on all of this. And Rosie actually is short for Rocinante, though named not after Steinbeck's steed but rather our mutual inspiration — Don Quixote's faithful nag. 😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts