1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photos are below
  • Installed roof rails (Toyota ones)
  • Added side moldings
  • Replaced almost all of the interior and license plate lights with LEDs (made a huge difference, so much brighter inside). The only lights I couldn't replace were the dome lights, seems like I have to disassemble the whole thing to get them in.
  • Wrapped chrome handles with carbon fiber vinyl. I am not a fan of chrome.
  • Added clear plastic tabs under each handle
  • Added carbon-fiber covers to side mirrors
  • Added all-weather floor mats. I bought the Toyota ones and now regret it. They are poorly designed. They don't cover about 4" on each passenger side and the aftermarket ones do. That seems like a major oversight. I now have to add rubber strips myself.
Still in the plan:
  • Wrap the interior in glossy carbon fiber vinyl to cover the fake wood
  • Install a hitch (already have it from etrailer)
  • Add a protective film on the front of the car
  • Tint the front windows (very slightly, maybe 90%)
  • Install hood deflector (on the way from Canada now)
What are you guys doing to your cars?

Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks great man. Look foward to seeing the rest. My came with the all weather mats & they are ok. Haven't found one's I like. May do weathertech for the front & we want a mat to cover the rails for the backseat. Still looking

·
Registered
185 Posts
Did you wrap the door handles yourself?

I want to wrap the door trim and handles. Not sure how difficult it will be though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you wrap the door handles yourself?

I want to wrap the door trim and handles. Not sure how difficult it will be though.
Yep. It took a couple tries but I figured out the technique.

Peel the backing off the vinyl and stick it on the handle. Press it against the handle so there is an imprint on the vinyl. Then peel the vinyl off and cut out around the contour with about 1/10 of an inch extra all around using scissors. Stick it back on the handle so it lines up (this is the difficult part). I then used a plastic trim removal tool to tuck in the vinyl all around the handle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great man. Look foward to seeing the rest. My came with the all weather mats & they are ok. Haven't found one's I like. May do weathertech for the front & we want a mat to cover the rails for the backseat. Still looking
I ended up using stick on rubber to cover the floor that the mats didn't cover. Came out great.
This is what I bought: Dualplex Neoprene Sponge Foam Rubber Roll Adhesive, 15X60 Inches X 1/8" Thick, Perfect Cosplay Padding, DIY Project Sheet - Easy Cut Adhesive Multi-Function Soundproof Rubber Foam Sheet - - Amazon.com

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yep. It took a couple tries but I figured out the technique.

Peel the backing off the vinyl and stick it on the handle. Press it against the handle so there is an imprint on the vinyl. Then peel the vinyl off and cut out around the contour with about 1/10 of an inch extra all around using scissors. Stick it back on the handle so it lines up (this is the difficult part). I then used a plastic trim removal tool to tuck in the vinyl all around the handle.
where did you order the vinyl.... I think I may order some black for the door trim and handles. I really don't like chrome!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would you be able to share how to replace the interior lights to LED please?

Also, Did you get the stock floor mats from the dealer with your All Weather Floor Liner Mats upgrade? I only got the AW mats, dealer said stock mats not included. And I agree, the missing passenger side mats are a pain in the ass, DEFENITELY not worth the $220 charged. :(

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Also, Did you get the stock floor mats from the dealer with your All Weather Floor Liner Mats upgrade? I only got the AW mats, dealer said stock mats not included. And I agree, the missing passenger side mats are a pain in the ass, DEFENITELY not worth the $220 charged. :(
I bought these LED lights: Amazon.com: LIGHSTA 16PCS Super Bright White LED Interior Light Kit Package for Toyota Sienna 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 + License Plate Lights and Install Tool: Automotive

These are the replacements for all interior lights and also rear license plates lights.

All of the light covers pop right out EXCEPT the dome lights and the license plate lights.

These lights are a direct plug-in replacement.

I did not replace the dome lights since it was too much trouble. You have to take our and disassemble the whole unit. I’m not comfortable doing that.

The rear license plate lights are tricky. The way to replace them is to pop out the black trim pieces first. Then take a regular screw and screw it in very lightly, and just a couple of turns on the side of each cover. Then pull the screw out with the pliers. The whole light cover will come out.

As far as the floor mats, my car did not come with the stock mats but I also wasn’t charged for them and I knew it upfront, so pretty fair. Also, I wanted the all-weather ones anyway. I bought the Toyota mats online for something like $170 maybe. They also had free shipping at the time. I bought a roll of sticky rubber to fix the “missing” side pieces for $15. So all good now. It looks great too.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
153 Posts
@maybesienna - Did you find a Canadian dealer that ships to the US for the hood deflector?

I have been waiting for the border to open so we can cross (we live in Maine).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought these LED lights: Amazon.com: LIGHSTA 16PCS Super Bright White LED Interior Light Kit Package for Toyota Sienna 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 + License Plate Lights and Install Tool: Automotive

These are the replacements for all interior lights and also rear license plates lights.

All of the light covers pop right out EXCEPT the dome lights and the license plate lights.

These lights are a direct plug-in replacement.

I did not replace the dome lights since it was too much trouble. You have to take our and disassemble the whole unit. I’m not comfortable doing that.

The rear license plate lights are tricky. The way to replace them is to pop out the black trim pieces first. Then take a regular screw and screw it in very lightly, and just a couple of turns on the side of each cover. Then pull the screw out with the pliers. The whole light cover will come out.

As far as the floor mats, my car did not come with the stock mats but I also wasn’t charged for them and I knew it upfront, so pretty fair. Also, I wanted the all-weather ones anyway. I bought the Toyota mats online for something like $170 maybe. They also had free shipping at the time. I bought a roll of sticky rubber to fix the “missing” side pieces for $15. So all good now. It looks great too.
Thank you. I got the parts and will try to install in the short future ahead. lol

What I have upgrade to my platinum trim Sienna (many parts were already factory installed to save time and frustration).
Please let me use your list and add my own, would you also let me know if some of your parts are necessary to install on to the car:
  • Installed roof rails (Toyota ones) - Done by factory
  • Added side moldings - Done by factory
  • Replaced almost all of the interior and license plate lights with LEDs (made a huge difference, so much brighter inside). The only lights I couldn't replace were the dome lights, seems like I have to disassemble the whole thing to get them in. - Got parts, will work on it. Thank you for the link.
  • Wrapped chrome handles with carbon fiber vinyl. I am not a fan of chrome. - Dont want to do the work, do you think its worth while?
  • Added clear plastic tabs under each handle - Dont want to do the work, do you think its worth while?
  • Added carbon-fiber covers to side mirrors - I BANGED the right side mirror cover against a parked SUV in a 3 car sandwich in a tight road 😭😭😭, now I am installing this one around obvious chaf areas.
  • Added all-weather floor mats. I bought the Toyota ones and now regret it. They are poorly designed. They don't cover about 4" on each passenger side and the aftermarket ones do. That seems like a major oversight. I now have to add rubber strips myself. - Same here, pain in the ass on the missing door strips, I bought this one to install.
Still in the plan:
  • Wrap the interior in glossy carbon fiber vinyl to cover the fake wood - Skipping this
  • Install a hitch (already have it from etrailer) - Skipping this one, never going to toll anything lol and read it might hinder the backup cameras.
  • Add a protective film on the front of the car - Dont want to do the work, do you think its worth while?
  • Tint the front windows (very slightly, maybe 90%) - Dont want to do the work, do you think its worth while?
  • Install hood deflector (on the way from Canada now) - Dont want to do the work, do you think its worth while?
these are my additions:
  • Window deflectors - Installed this one, took me 1 hour. OCD took over and wanted to perfect seams. lol. 💨
  • Mudgards - Installed this one, took me a good 2 hours, I suggest visiting a couple relevant posts in this forum first.
  • Front bumper - Installed this one, took me 2 hours again, much shorter duration if you dont have the front sensing camera features like mine ( I have to install the plate a notch down to unblock the camera view). Dont tighten overly. Back bumper was useless.
  • Dash cams front and back - Installed this one, took me 10 hours. This is by far the hardest in my world. To properly install the dash cams, I bought this, this, this, and this. Visit a couple relevant posts in this forum for insights or let me know.
  • Cargo Tray - No installation, 2 minute job. just slap it into the trunk, I got the tray with spare tire feature. If you don't have the spare tire feature, get this one.
  • Door sill protectors - Got this one after experimenting 2 others. Took 30 minutes. This adheres the best and look great out of the 3.
  • 9" screen protector - Installed this one, took me 10 minutes. Came with no instructions 😅. I cleaned the screen with the included alcohol pad, peel #1 tab off and applied that side to the screen.
  • Door edge guards - Installed this one, took me 10 minutes. Flush to the side moldings.

I will update when I have more to add.

Thanks all and happy modding the van!

·
Registered
922 Posts
The only lights I couldn't replace were the dome lights, seems like I have to disassemble the whole thing to get them in. - Got parts, will work on it. Thank you for the link.
Dome light cover just pops off with a screwdriver and the bulbs within are plug and play like all others. Did you maybe mean the map reading lights in the front that are soldered on to the board and would require soldering skills to replace?

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • Added all-weather floor mats. I bought the Toyota ones and now regret it. They are poorly designed. They don't cover about 4" on each passenger side and the aftermarket ones do. That seems like a major oversight. I now have to add rubber strips myself. - Same here, pain in the ass on the missing door strips, I bought this one to install.
Do you have a pic of the install with the door strips? What size did you order for thr rubber strips? I also have the Toyota weather mats and noticed it's not completely covering the carpet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you have a pic of the install with the door strips? What size did you order for thr rubber strips? I also have the Toyota weather mats and noticed it's not completely covering the carpet.
I bought this one, B08PK3N78B, 4 inch wide. I will try to take a photo for you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice! I need to do that also. The carpet by the sliding door is already super dirty. I'm not sure why the stock mats didn't take into consideration the step-in area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts