Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No, I will switch to a different Minivan

Votes: 10 19.2%
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE Awd Tech Package
92 Posts
Aztecs? Yikes! I wonder if you stumbled upon the local chapter of the Breaking Bad fan club :)

Yes, I know my methodology is pretty silly, and the point about supply and demand is a very good one, but I still have a nagging feeling Toyota is going to be very disappointed by the Sienna sales.

Of course, if and when gas hits four bucks again, it will be another story entirely.
For me buying a Siena vs a Pacifica was a no brainer. Driving dynamics of an XSE, reliability, we don't get any tax credits like you guys and our gas is above $4/gallon as we're sitting around $1.15 per litre. The top reason is probably the combination of hybrid and awd which isn't offered on the Pacifica. I still don't expect sales for the Sienna to be great though as most people for one reason or another still like their SUVs.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
177 Posts
  • Toyota reliability
  • Toyota hybrid reliability (owned a Prius for 200k)
  • Downhill regen! Once you go hybrid going downhill without generating power seems like a waste of energy
  • Dramatically longer brake life
  • Hybrid’s ability to “HV idle” with HVAC
  • 2nd row removal not an issue because if i needed to carry 4x8 sheets or bags of concrete I’ll just rent Home Depot’s truck for $20 and save the interior from wear and tear. In the time it would take to remove everything inside (baby/kid support bins), 2 car seats, 2 captain chairs it would just be easier to rent.
  • MPG and eAWD! I plan to take our family all over with this vehicle in all seasons. With a 2.5 and a 0.5 year old this will be our family cruiser for the next 8-10+ years. I also plan for solo trips with my friends for car camping “overlanding” on the easy spots and be able to sleep inside with HVAC.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
243 Posts
Hybrid+AWD was my reason (along with CARES Act ;) ). It made me biased enough that I didn't even bother to check out competition.

To be honest, Pacificas have some crazy looking deals going on for them, at least by looking at the dealer around the corner. Almost every other piece has 10K+ off of sticker price. Makes me think there has to be more to the story...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have my eye on the XSE AWD and will get it soon, now I know I can upgrade the wheels to 20" later if I want to. I wish our government still offer the environment discount for Hybrid instead of just electric cars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have my eye on the XSE AWD and will get it soon, now I know I can upgrade the wheels to 20" later if I want to. I wish our government still offer the environment discount for Hybrid instead of just electric cars.
In all of Canada, there is almost no inventory for an AWD XSE. I finally went ahead and placed an order last week (AWD XSE, with Tech Package in Black.) The Toyota dealership told me since I wanted a specific colour and AWD, it will likely take 2-4 months (and I need this vehicle by end-of-June at latest.)

If you are open to all colours and FWD, the chances of finding one without factory order is much higher. West Coast has a few vehicles, and I found 1-2 in Quebec, but Ontario (especially GTA) is pretty much sold out. This is based on my own research and discussions with a few dealers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
  • Toyota reliability
  • Downhill regen! Once you go hybrid going downhill without generating power seems like a waste of energy
Anxious to hear more about the brake life. Sometimes it seems like my 2011 eats rotors like chocolate chip cookies.

Are the hybrids known for better brake life? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yowza. I ran the googles and I guess I found my answer. I never knew this.

"How Long Do Brakes Last In a Toyota Hybrid?
In our poll, we asked that only original owners reply. We posted up various mileage numbers for owners to choose from. 60 percent said that their brake rotors and pads had lasted over 100,000 miles, 20 percent said that the brakes had lasted over 200,000 miles, and six percent said the brakes had lasted between 160,000 and 200,000 miles. No owner chose any option under 60,000 miles."

·
Registered
199 Posts
  • Toyota reliability
Anxious to hear more about the brake life. Sometimes it seems like my 2011 eats rotors like chocolate chip cookies.

Are the hybrids known for better brake life? Thanks!
[/QUOT
Brake life should be excellent. I read that the front brakes may go 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd buy a Sienna right now if it came with Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+. I can't understand why the 2021 Highlander has this and the new Sienna does not.

As far as the brake comment. I'd have to say brake life is going to be much better. My last Highlander was a hybrid. Brakes lasted forever.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd buy a Sienna right now if it came with Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+. I can't understand why the 2021 Highlander has this and the new Sienna does not.

As far as the brake comment. I'd have to say brake life is going to be much better. My last Highlander was a hybrid. Brakes lasted forever.
I'm annoyed too that a redesigned model like the Sienna doesn't have the latest version of Toyota Safety Sense.

Earlier in this discussion I mentioned the OP should wait for 2022 Kia Carnival (formerly Sedona) and now some info has leaked. The 3.5L V6 in the 2022 Carnival produces 294 hp and 261 lb-ft of torque according to Autoblog (link below). This is only 2 hp and 2 lb-ft torque less than the 3.5L V6 in the 2017-20 Sienna. As much as I'd like to get a hybrid like the new Sienna I can't deal with a weak engine. Obviously fuel economy in the upcoming Carnival is not even close to the 2021 Sienna.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
ive owned a Sienna of 3 different generations since 2006....I have never once wanted to remove the second row seats.

·
Registered
70 Posts

I am holding out for now, waiting for the TSS 2.5+ upgrade. I will be keeping the car for at least 7 years, and want the most-up-to date saftey features, and the TSS 2.0 doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In all of Canada, there is almost no inventory for an AWD XSE. I finally went ahead and placed an order last week (AWD XSE, with Tech Package in Black.) The Toyota dealership told me since I wanted a specific colour and AWD, it will likely take 2-4 months (and I need this vehicle by end-of-June at latest.)

If you are open to all colours and FWD, the chances of finding one without factory order is much higher. West Coast has a few vehicles, and I found 1-2 in Quebec, but Ontario (especially GTA) is pretty much sold out. This is based on my own research and discussions with a few dealers.
I just ordered mine as well, in the same config (with the Tech package), but in the Grey Mica. Hopefully will have it around the end of June as well. You are right about inventory in Ontario. It's 0.

KF

·
Registered
37 Posts

Maybe dumb question but couldn’t the software eventually be updated to 2.5? I thought it was just software not a hardware difference?

·
Registered
95 Posts
According to Kirk Kreifels, the refresh Sienna won't come until 2024 so most likely Toyota Sense 2.5 or whatever newer version may not be available until then. Since the 2021 just came out, Toyota may upgrade the system in 2023 MY. The 2022 would be more to fix up bug and what not working well for the 2021 MY I think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
According to Kirk Kreifels, the refresh Sienna won't come until 2024 so most likely Toyota Sense 2.5 or whatever newer version may not be available until then. Since the 2021 just came out, Toyota may upgrade the system in 2023 MY. The 2022 would be more to fix up bug and what not working well for the 2021 MY I think.

I meant retroactive software update. It must not be possible.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just ordered mine as well, in the same config (with the Tech package), but in the Grey Mica. Hopefully will have it around the end of June as well. You are right about inventory in Ontario. It's 0.

KF
Congratulations on the purchase!

I placed a factory order 1st week February, and my vehicle is arriving next week - so in my case took about 2 months (dealer quoted 2-4 months.)

41 - 60 of 64 Posts