Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2014 Toyota Sienna LE from my from Someone who doesn't have any service record.
It has 91000 Miles... I went ahead and changed the oil, Cabin Filter, Air filter they did seems really rough.
Can anyone please suggest me should I go ahead and replace Transmission fluid and radiator fluid or what?

·
Super Moderator
4,648 Posts
Our 2015 is approaching 80k, and I wasn't thrilled with how the tranny was shifting under some circumstances. I was going to do the 3 quart 3x dump of Toyota WS fluid, but ended up letting the dealer do it using their flush / full exchange machine. Yes, I KNOW there are reason why you shouldn't go that route, but the fluid looked OK and the van is under an 8/125k Platinum Plan so I figured if it was a mistake I've got miles and years ahead of me to battle Toyota on a replacement tranny.

Net: It seems to have been a good move. It shifts like brand new again. Even so called 'lifetime fluid' has a life...

A coolant flush on an unknown history is a wise idea. Mixing generic stuff with Asian HOAT is known to cause sludge issue. Fresh Toyota Pink is cheap insurance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts