Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2014 Toyota Sienna LE from my from Someone who doesn't have any service record.
It has 91000 Miles... I went ahead and changed the oil, Cabin Filter, Air filter they did seems really rough.
Can anyone please suggest me should I go ahead and replace Transmission fluid and radiator fluid or what?

·
Super Moderator
4,823 Posts
Our 2015 is approaching 80k, and I wasn't thrilled with how the tranny was shifting under some circumstances. I was going to do the 3 quart 3x dump of Toyota WS fluid, but ended up letting the dealer do it using their flush / full exchange machine. Yes, I KNOW there are reason why you shouldn't go that route, but the fluid looked OK and the van is under an 8/125k Platinum Plan so I figured if it was a mistake I've got miles and years ahead of me to battle Toyota on a replacement tranny.

Net: It seems to have been a good move. It shifts like brand new again. Even so called 'lifetime fluid' has a life...

A coolant flush on an unknown history is a wise idea. Mixing generic stuff with Asian HOAT is known to cause sludge issue. Fresh Toyota Pink is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our 2015 is approaching 80k, and I wasn't thrilled with how the tranny was shifting under some circumstances. I was going to do the 3 quart 3x dump of Toyota WS fluid, but ended up letting the dealer do it using their flush / full exchange machine. Yes, I KNOW there are reason why you shouldn't go that route, but the fluid looked OK and the van is under an 8/125k Platinum Plan so I figured if it was a mistake I've got miles and years ahead of me to battle Toyota on a replacement tranny.

Net: It seems to have been a good move. It shifts like brand new again. Even so called 'lifetime fluid' has a life...

A coolant flush on an unknown history is a wise idea. Mixing generic stuff with Asian HOAT is known to cause sludge issue. Fresh Toyota Pink is cheap insurance.
Thank you for reply, Just seen your reply due to password lost:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take it to the dealer and have all fluids changed. It’s more expensive but they will do it right.
If i would wanted to take it to a dealer, i wouldent be asking here:)
I successfully changed, Radiator coolant, Oil and filter, Break oil (Including bleeding) , Transmission Drain and refil (3 xs ). I dont know what dealer have done different which i cant even see.
Dealer price: 120$ oil change
259 Transmission oil flush
Radiator flush = 150+
Break bleeding 70+

I did all the services myself less then 200$

·
Registered
157 Posts
Use the savings to get some Lloyds mats or LED lights or ----. Have something to show for the cost difference instead of giving it up to dealer profit.

·
Registered
845 Posts
If you've bled the brake fluid, you've probably checked the pads and lubed the caliper pins too, right?

I'd run a quality fuel system cleaner through a tank or two, too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Coolant
T-stat
serp belt
trans fluid flush 10-12 qts
oil change
brake pads and brake fluid flush, lube glide pins
Cabin air filter
engine air filter
PCV valve
check tires for uneven wear and rotate fronts to rear
check shocks for leakage - they tend to die at or before 100k

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
rear shocks for sure, I replaced mine as one was leaking, I am at 80K. KYB's very easy to replace. Improved the ride quality, night and day difference.

Javvy

·
Registered
2011 Sienna XLE AWD Super White
8 Posts
elyasjohn-

Depends on how mechancially inclined you are, I think. I am a mechanic by trade, so I keep detailed records of maintenance done and receipts. Also I have a white board on the wall of my garage, to see at a glance what may need to be done. Most maintenance items are easy enough for most people to do properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts