Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... New owner here, with a 2006 Limited AWD... Had it for 2 weeks and over 1200 miles and I've worked out a few kinks thus far, and I love the van...

I still have one or two things to sort, and my biggest issue is a slow leak from the FRONT transfer case... All seals...

I told the shop that I believe it may be that the breather plug is clogged and creating too much pressure in there. They concurred that it might be that... But even with a mirror and all kinds of angles, they couldnt see the breather plug. They told me its on the diagrams, which I also saw and sent them... But they said they'd have to removed the right front axle to get to the area of the T-Case where the breather should be... And then that won't even guarantee that the breather is the problem...

Anybody have any advice or detailed pics or a step by step instruction on how to access the front diff/T-case breather plug

The shop also showed me a TSB from Toyota that states that if the T-Case is leaking at the weep hole, the fix is to remove, dismantle, and replace the seals in the T-Case... I'm trying not to go that route if I can help it... So any help accessing the breather plug will be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
2004 toyota sienna awd xle
22 Posts
The vent can surely be an issue. I myself couldnt find information in regards to removing it without taking parts down or removing the transfercase from transmission. If you are having yours rebuilt i would order a new one. I ordered one and from what I can remember it was pressed in. Has anyone changed their breather before?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts