Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So yeah turns out our chihuahua does not have enough chew toys and thought that the sienna would be the ultimate chew toy.
Gnarly creatures they are.
So the question would be: is that lip replaceable? Or does the whole bumper needs to be replaced?
Thanks in advance
Also use this as a PSA if you have a chihuahua

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Grey Road surface Asphalt Tints and shades Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Grille

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you file or sand off the rough edges, will what's left still be presentable? Might not need to replace.

And you need a larger "dog".

I have a schnauzer... to me schnauzers are the perfect breed..... not too small not to big. intelligent little creatures..... but this Chihuahua was a rescue... we found her on the streets, hungry, alone, no tag. Posted all over the neighborhood and no one came forward..... so... I guess that's how I got a chihuahua.... I guess now we know why the previous owner abandoned her. (its a joke)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
925 Posts
For DIY fix maybe can gorilla glue something [compound that hardens] to that side [may need to cut wee bit more] and then paint to match.

Easy DIY fix is just to cut same on both sides.

For parts... it's not the Bumper stay or absorber?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For DIY fix maybe can gorilla glue something [compound that hardens] to that side [may need to cut wee bit more] and then paint to match.

Easy DIY fix is just to cut same on both sides.

For parts... it's not the Bumper stay or absorber?
Will try this over the weekend...... sanding will be my first option lets see how it goes
thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
312 Posts
Right drawing but I think the part you need is Valance, front, 52112-08010 or 20 depending on trim.

But for $100 bucks, I agree with datsa, start with file and sand first and see how it looks.
It might be the first time the dog chewed on it but it might not be the last, so maybe dont spend any money just yet.
Plus who knows how many other times you might damage it over the next few years.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right drawing but I think the part you need is Valance, front, 52112-08010 or 20 depending on trim.

But for $100 bucks, I agree with datsa, start with file and sand first and see how it looks.
It might be the first time the dog chewed on it but it might not be the last, so maybe dont spend any money just yet.
Plus who knows how many other times you might damage it over the next few years.
Hey thanks!
glad to see its "not that expensive" but yeah, I will sand it down this weekend and see how it goes.
I have no idea what's wrong with this dog, but I just returned from petsmart with a "Dog repellant" and this canine specimen has the nerve to LICK the thing wherever its applied... it's supposed to REPELL not attract....
something is seriously wrong with chihuahuas in general, not only this one.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hey thanks!
glad to see its "not that expensive" but yeah, I will sand it down this weekend and see how it goes.
I have no idea what's wrong with this dog, but I just returned from petsmart with a "Dog repellant" and this canine specimen has the nerve to LICK the thing wherever its applied... it's supposed to REPELL not attract....
something is seriously wrong with chihuahuas in general, not only this one.
Maybe it's the one from the tv commercials... heard actors can be high strung!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts