Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just like the title says. I was super short of time and my wife took van in to rotate tires and they did a coolant flush. Well, I just looked at the reservoir and it was YELLOW!! Then looked at the bill and it says VC13G.. is this compatible with Toyota engines???? I have to make a 16 hr drive on Thursday morning...

my understanding is it is more "similar " to HOAT pink type coolants as it is a POAT with a nod toward the Japanese additive packs.. but is good enough? Don't want to be screwing something up...

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
568 Posts
I spent like an hour looking at this last night, and coming to the conclusion that it's probably fine. I did personally use Toyota SLLC and plan to continue to do so.

Based on https://bryansgarage.com/toyota-super-long-life-coolant-equivalent/, it doesn't look compatible. I'd pick up 3 gallons of aisin act-002 and go back for a drain and fill. Better yet, go to a Toyota mechanic...
That site says Motorcraft Specialty Green is okay. And oh gosh did I go down the rabbit hole last night cause Ford has like 6 different coolants right now, but one thing I did remember is that Motorcraft yellow is Ford approved to be used where Motorcraft Specialty Green was the factory fill. But that's Ford's coolant in Ford's vehicles.

One article I read said so long as you aren't mixing, it probably doesn't really matter what coolant you use in any engine, with exceptions of using IAT (inorganic acid technology) in an engine that specs OAT/POAT/HOAT or vise versa, and perhaps using a coolant with silicates where that is isn't spec'd (usually European cars spec silicates) or vise versa. Otherwise it seems that it's probably unlikely that using any particular type of OAT/POAT/HOAT is really going to cause any major issues, if any, if used on an engine that doesn't spec it.

I'll still stick to Toyota SLLC for my own van though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you so much for looking into it. Gonna finish the trip and change it out after to be safe probably. I "tried" looking and after many hours and 5-6 calls I got anywhere from "probably" to "oh yeah it's fine".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts