Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the forum,

I need a minivan for my business and looking at 2020 Sienna and 2019 Odyssey.

Leaning towards the Sienna. A local dealer in Dallas gave me a quote for 2020 XLE 38K drop to 35K + tax/etc. Planning to put down 5k Down.

Can anyone let me know what the final price that dealer can go down? anyone want to share their recent purchase and pricing. I'm also not sure about the lease. Would that be a better route?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did you check pricing on Edmunds.com, truecar.com or carsdirect.com. Edmunds should be able to give you a price range in your area for the xle with the options you selected to see if you're getting a good deal. Those websites can also refer you to dealers. Truecar.com will give you guaranteed price for specific cars from dealers in your area including the VIN number. You select the trim and options you want and they try to match it to cars in stock from their dealer network in your area.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm working on a deal on a non demo, brand new, 2020 Sienna Limited Premium FWD, blizzard pearl/gray and have them down to $42,900. Also includes:
  • Full OEM 3M clear protection bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors, door handle backs
  • OEM towing receiver and wiring harness
  • 2 extra wireless headphones
  • 4 season mat package
  • Cargo net
  • Lower Door molding
  • Mud guards
  • Carpet trunk mat
  • Cargo liner
  • Cargo organizer
  • Alloy Wheel locks
  • Door edge guards
If I can get them to also give 0% for 60 months as well, believe I will pull the trigger and not wait on the 2021..... thoughts on how good of a deal this is? Would you wait for the 2021 Platinum paying much closer to full price for a similarly equipped model? I'd suspect $10k-$13k more

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I'm working on a deal on a non demo, brand new, 2020 Sienna Limited Premium FWD, blizzard pearl/gray and have them down to $42,900. Also includes:
  • Full OEM 3M clear protection bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors, door handle backs
  • OEM towing receiver and wiring harness
  • 2 extra wireless headphones
  • 4 season mat package
  • Cargo net
  • Lower Door molding
  • Mud guards
  • Carpet trunk mat
  • Cargo liner
  • Cargo organizer
  • Alloy Wheel locks
  • Door edge guards
If I can get them to also give 0% for 60 months as well, believe I will pull the trigger and not wait on the 2021..... thoughts on how good of a deal this is? Would you wait for the 2021 Platinum paying much closer to full price for a similarly equipped model? I'd suspect $10k-$13k more
That's around $9K off retail which seems good. The on-line build, however, shows incompatibility between the towing receiver/harness and the PPF although that might apply only if installed at the port - might not apply if the dealer installs the PPF.

I wouldn't expect to pay very close to full price for a 2021 Sienna Platinum. If I was to buy one, I'd go through the Costco Auto Program like I did when I bought our 2014 Sienna Limited and expect similar significant discounts on the vehicle and accessories.

When to buy a vehicle is entirely a personal decision. I wouldn't buy a 2020 Sienna only because I don't want another vehicle that doesn't have full speed adaptive cruise control - not that the older type adaptive cruise control on our 2014 Sienna and 2012 Prius (works same as on the 2020 Sienna) that works down to 25-28 mph isn't pretty nice.

But if I didn't already have a van and needed one for daily use then I wouldn't be as particular - I'd be fine with a 2020.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's around $9K off retail which seems good. The on-line build, however, shows incompatibility between the towing receiver/harness and the PPF although that might apply only if installed at the port - might not apply if the dealer installs the PPF.

I wouldn't expect to pay very close to full price for a 2021 Sienna Platinum. If I was to buy one, I'd go through the Costco Auto Program like I did when I bought our 2014 Sienna Limited and expect similar significant discounts on the vehicle and accessories.

When to buy a vehicle is entirely a personal decision. I wouldn't buy a 2020 Sienna only because I don't want another vehicle that doesn't have full speed adaptive cruise control - not that the older type adaptive cruise control on our 2014 Sienna and 2012 Prius (works same as on the 2020 Sienna) that works down to 25-28 mph isn't pretty nice.

But if I didn't already have a van and needed one for daily use then I wouldn't be as particular - I'd be fine with a 2020.
First, love your quotes, Blazing Saddles is a classic. Where in KS are you? Great state. We lived in Overland Park for 15 years before moving to Tablerock Lake full time back in 2011. My math showed retail to be almost $54k with all those accessories. I assumed I'd be lucky to get $5k off a 2021.... I'm only considering a 2020 because I'm assuming I can get a killer deal, saving at least $10k off my best deal on a fully loaded platinum trimmed 2021.....

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
First, love your quotes, Blazing Saddles is a classic.
Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein or another Mel Brooks film is usually in the Sienna's video player.

Where in KS are you?
East edge of Lenexa bordering Hidden Woods Park.

Great state.
Nothing to see here. It's the 50th most popular state for tourism but might have slipped some since the Bottle Museum and the World's Largest Prairie Dog display closed.

We lived in Overland Park for 15 years before moving to Tablerock Lake full time back in 2011.
I could hit the west edge of OP with a rock if I had a stronger throwing arm ... or a bazooka.

My math showed retail to be almost $54k with all those accessories. I assumed I'd be lucky to get $5k off a 2021.... I'm only considering a 2020 because I'm assuming I can get a killer deal, saving at least $10k off my best deal on a fully loaded platinum trimmed 2021.....
I left the tow hitch/harness out of my calculation due to the build incompatibility. It sounds like a good buy. Part of the Costco Auto Program is being shown the dealer invoice. IIRC, the wholesale price of the accessories averaged around 55% of retail which included installation when installed at the port. I didn't expect markups that high on accessories.

I've been quite pleased with our Sienna which sounds much like the 2014 version of the 2020 you are considering - Blizzard Pearl and gray interior. My wife is OK with it but thinks its ride is jiggly and that its too noisy - spoiled by 24 years of being chauffeured in Lexus LS sedans. It has fulfilled its primary intended purpose well - moving elderly parents into assisted living, methodically moving/disposing household items and family heirlooms, and shuttling said parents to medical appointments ... soooo many medical appointments and hospitalizations.

The 2020 Limited should be noticeably quieter than our 2014 due to noise reduction measures implemented for 2015 and acoustic front side windows that were added to the Limited in 2018 IIRC. My wife won't drive our Sienna unless I'm with her - says it's too hard to maneuver and she does have a record of hitting things. I've wondered if the Birdseye Camera of the 2018-up Limited would give her enough confidence to drive it.

Other than the lack of full speed adaptive cruise control, other gripes about the 2020 Sienna Limited are the lack of Android Auto and a front passenger seat that has only 4-way adjustments and no adjustable lumbar support. My wife will drive the Sienna as long as I am with her but I can't get comfortable in the front passenger seat while she drives. I'm not planning to buy one but I'm disappointed that the 2021 Sienna still has only 4-way adjustments for the front passenger seat and still no adjustable lumbar support. If Toyota can put an 8-way front passenger seat with lumbar support adjustment in the Avalon Limited, I don't understand why they can't do the same in the Sienna Limited.

I'm becoming increasing reluctant to buy another Toyota. A vehicle I'm getting next year - not a Toyota product - will have wireless versions of CarPlay and Android Auto and a fully adjustable passenger seat with memory. Our Sienna will probably go away since I won't have a garage space for it and I refuse to park a vehicle outside ... unless one of the three widows nearby will let me park it in their garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts