Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) DRIVE MODE- is the sport mode appropriate to use to gain better acceleration entering highways (on ramps)? The manual specifically mentions mountain driving but that does poly to me where I live. Other than mountain driving, what conditions do you use sport mode?

2) the ENERGY screen on the main display under ”information”.......”eco”.....it shows a pic of the vehicle with arrows that change color and flow patterns......is there a really detailed explanation somewhere of what that all means?

3) the TOYOTA APP- my sales guy said one of the cards should have a picture of the car with some other information- he showed me his and it was his car with a green halo effect around it. Mine doesn’t have that. It has some cards with manuals, service, last parked location, health report, drive pulse and recent trip and remote services (where I can remotely start or lock/unlock the vehicle). did the app just change or am I missing info on mine?

4) is there a way so that mute is the default setting for the native navigation?

ty!

·
Registered
150 Posts
1) DRIVE MODE- is the sport mode appropriate to use to gain better acceleration entering highways (on ramps)? The manual specifically mentions mountain driving but that does poly to me where I live. Other than mountain driving, what conditions do you use sport mode?

2) the ENERGY screen on the main display under ”information”.......”eco”.....it shows a pic of the vehicle with arrows that change color and flow patterns......is there a really detailed explanation somewhere of what that all means?

3) the TOYOTA APP- my sales guy said one of the cards should have a picture of the car with some other information- he showed me his and it was his car with a green halo effect around it. Mine doesn’t have that. It has some cards with manuals, service, last parked location, health report, drive pulse and recent trip and remote services (where I can remotely start or lock/unlock the vehicle). did the app just change or am I missing info on mine?

4) is there a way so that mute is the default setting for the native navigation?

ty!
1) generally speaking, sport mode simply changes the transmission shift points and response to throttle input. If you're flooring it, it probably doesn't matter if you're in sport or eco; performance will be identical. If you are not flooring the pedal, then in sport, on an on ramp, your car will hold a "lower gear" (in quotes to translate to traditional transmission language for purposes of understanding) for longer, letting you use more of the power band with less throttle input. That said, I've seen it written that sport mode tells the battery to give you a little oomph for acceleration, which is probably why it's recommended for mountain driving, but I can't imagine it's making a noticeable difference in straight like flat acceleration, and I haven't seen any official Toyota literature that confirms that sport mode does anything for flat out acceleration in the sienna.

2) the manual should indicate but it's really simple.

A) the green arrows pointing from wheels to battery mean the battery is being charged by regenerative braking.​

B) the red arrows from engine to battery and/or wheels indicate the engine is charging the battery and/or powering the wheels, respectively.​

C) the yellow arrows from the battery to the wheels indicate the battery is supplying power to the wheels​

3) I don't see any nor have ever seen any green halo around my vehicle while using the app.

4) I have not found it yet, and have had to manually mute each time. Even worse, everytime you shut off the engine but don't exit nav (say for a fuel stop) and your trip resumes, the nav automatically unmutes itself and you have to manually mute it again. I found it to be annoying, but not really a huge inconvenience.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ty, last question I forgot to add: to use the Alexa feature does the Alexa app need to be open on my phone and paired each time? I tried using it while car on but sitting in my garage and it seems to be the case and also that I can’t go back to the main Toyota app while the Alexa is open. Is that true? Doesn’t seem to be much benefit if you have to open the phone app each time because they you can just speak into the phone instead of the Sienna speaker- not really much more hands free benefit IMO unless I’m doing something wrong in the setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts