Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, am a proud owner of a 2015 sienna se. Always thought about getting sienna since renting one years ago for a family vacation. My last 6 cars were bmws; 3 m3s, 535, 135, 335 (all manual). yes it is a big change but with my growing family, it just makes a more sense. My wife's rx 350 (our family vehicle) was just getting way too tight.. LOL.......I checked out several suvs with third row seat but non of them makes sense to me; third row seat was just too uncomfortable with no cargo room at all, i thought their third row seat were a joke; made for people who are afraid to drive a minivan...haha....

Lovin' my SE with its comfort, room, and great looks! Black on black and got it $5000 below msrp which i thought was great price (is it?) Planning on keeping this van forever and hoping to add my "sporty car" again in a couple years...

Anyways, i've been checking out the aftermarket overhead dvd from toyota; Rosen 10 installed by the dealer for $1075 out the door. What do you guys think? fair price? am open to any suggestions. Im sure the dealer will be more expensive but i also like the idea of not voiding and having the warranty with the van...

Also, I wished the van had the cool white/led interior light instead of the amber. Am thinking of switching them to led/white blue color; any suggestions? i've done some research on this but apparently some people are having minor issues with their replacement bulb.. confused...

Looking forward to hanging out at this forum! thank you guys in advance for any inputs you could give me...

· Registered
87 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!!!! We recently bought a 2015 XLE and I have considered replacing the amber interior bulbs with LEDS like you are wanting. Vleds.com has some that are pricey and some people have experienced issues with them just like the package that you can order from amazon. A pack from amazon runs around $12 whereas Vleds will run you around $50 or more.

I have replaced my ambers in my Tundra and I bought them off of amazon for around $12. The package contains (and will contain) all of the LEDS you'll need for you interior as well as the lights for the tag. I bought an extra pack when I bought mine and I believe they are the same as what's in the Sienna. I will try one out and see if it is then come back here and post. Some of mine do flicker and that seems to be one of the major complaints for them. They are also polarity specific so if you put them in one way and they don't work, just remove them and turn 180 degrees and reinstall and they should work. Whichever you chose to buy I'd recommend getting two packs just in case some do fail so you'll still have enough to replace the bad ones with.

Another thing to consider is the footwell light kit. It connects to either your fuse panel or has a little jumper type end on it but it allows you to have lighting on both the driver and front passenger side foot areas when you open your doors or need to turn on the interior lights. I've added these also to my truck and they work very great.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Here's a thread for the interior LED lighting. http://www.siennachat.com/forum/65-...nt-change-out-all-my-interior-lights-led.html
I opted getting the premium package because is plays bluray movies and my experience with our 2005 ltd sienna RES was flawless after having it for 9 yrs. Love our 15 SE coming from a 13 XLE. I initially thought the SE had a very stiff ride per sales rep when we bought out 13 XLE but he was wrong. The ride is smooth and not bumpy. You're not floating like the XLE. Love the white and black contrast.

· Registered
611 Posts
Last I checked, Toyota didn't make an overhead accessory DVD for the Sienna. They offered one with two screens behind the front headrests. Regardless, it probably won't be covered by your warranty if it wasn't installed before purchase.

· Registered
82 Posts
Not to get off topic, the 2015 SE Premium doesn't play video on the head unit screen, even in park. We rented a Grand Caravan that did play video on the head unit screen which helped when trying to skip forward or bypass previews. Wish Toyota would catch up on some features. Congrats on your new van.

· Registered
2 Posts
We just got a Mica Gray SE Premium. I like how the color match the rims. I also love the bluray. Our the other car is Infiniti JX35. It plays video with parking brake on and car parked. I don't recall our retired 2011 Odyssey Touring plays video on center screen also. As far as spending $1000 on after market rear entertainment system... why not just mount couple ipads? I believe the sound can be played via bluetooth or wireless headphones. There are lots of option if you google it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.