Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do you have a similar photo for the 4th Gen? This example doesn’t seem to apply

Did you see this thread? It looks slanted as well. I'm sure gen3, gen4 body design still similar.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have a roof box and a Gen4. I know that the rear crossbar is higher in the OEM than the front without reading other threads. Was just pointing out that your assumption was for a Gen3.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just installed our Motion XT XXL box yesterday. Yes the rear OEM crossbar is clearly taller than the front. Everything fits nicely and the hatch opens all the way without issue. Very happy so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed our Motion XT XXL box yesterday. Yes the rear OEM crossbar is clearly taller than the front. Everything fits nicely and the hatch opens all the way without issue. Very happy so far.
Any issues with the Motion XT XXL box? I had a similar sized Yakima on the OEM rails and it started vibrating at 70 MPH on the highway. I went back to a shorter box, but want a longer one for easier ski transport.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Any issues with the Motion XT XXL box? I had a similar sized Yakima on the OEM rails and it started vibrating at 70 MPH on the highway. I went back to a shorter box, but want a longer one for easier ski transport.
I noticed looking up through the sunroof that the nose of the box flexes some upwards of about 55mph. However, this never amounted to any noticeable vibration or noise or anything like that. We have driven upwards of 8 hours with the box on at speeds of 70-75mph, no issues to report.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just got a Thule Force XT XL earlier today. The folks at REI installed it for me. At first they didn't believe that the factory crossbars were in the correct configuration, but I told them that I'd seen quite a few Thule's installed perfectly on SiennaChat.com, and that convinced them to give installation a try. Sure enough it fit perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got a Thule Force XT XL earlier today. The folks at REI installed it for me. At first they didn't believe that the factory crossbars were in the correct configuration, but I told them that I'd seen quite a few Thule's installed perfectly on SiennaChat.com, and that convinced them to give installation a try. Sure enough it fit perfectly.
Just know you WILL lose slight 2-3 MPG with that thing on top. If you don’t intend on using the Thule daily remove it and save gas money. $5 Joe Biden gas is expensive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just drove 493 miles with a loaded van with two adults and two kids and a loaded cargo box.

Averaged 34.9 mpg over those miles.

Destination elevation is 800 ft greater than the beginning of the journey, so hoping for some better fuel economy readings on the way back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts