Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have my 2016 XLE Premium AWD (which currently has 46K miles on it), and like many other people on SiennaChat, I've been having issues with the tires needing replacement at an unusually high rate. I had better luck than most of you, though, as I managed to get 31K out of the factory tires. I want to figure out how to get some more life out of the current tires. Should I pay to get the tires aligned every time I get the car serviced, as that's what it appears to be? Or is it something else? Please help me out.

Thank you,
Justin

·
Registered
112 Posts
It’s the runflats. Read the sticky In the general discussion gen3 section about spare tires for AWD Sienna’s. That thread has so many posts as folks are ditching the runflat tires that came with AWD trims because of their short life and poor ride quality.

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
Consider yourself lucky that you got 30k out of them! I don't think anything you can do as an owner will get you much better life that you achieved, and the cost and time of constant alignments will only drive up your total cost of ownership.

If you want to keep the runflats, then accept your fate. Or, ditch them...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Run flats are worst. I bought spare and I just put in my trunk when needed, and I use Thule overhead storage for missed space on long drives.

·
Registered
53 Posts
my run flats on my original 2006 sienna XLE puked out after about 20,000; Toyota would not cover anything; said that the AWD model is heavier and tires wear out faster. Replaced all four tires with Michelins best tires from Costco and bought a temporary spare from the dealer for about $150; I averaged about 35,000 to 40,000 miles with the Michelins ($149 each) but they were warrantied for much more so I got Costco replacements with an amazing discount (can't remember----I think I saved about $85 per tire because of the warranty)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
jerrys52
Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
SiennaChat is the forum community to discuss problems, maintenance, repairs, mods, projects, specs and all things Toyota Sienna.
Full Forum Listing