Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for 2021 Sienna Platinum AWD with blizzard pearl color back in early June. I was informed today that Toyota no longer produces blizzard pearl due to the lack of paint. I was given an option to “switch” to another vehicle with the same trim, different color and different options that’s coming in September. This is my first time custom ordering a car and I’m wondering this is a common thing. I read elsewhere that even when you order a vehicle, you’re not guaranteed to get the one you ordered, which boggles my mind. I saw on the web that the 2022 model has Wind Chill Pearl as a white color, instead of blizzard pearl. Should I place an order for a 2022 model instead?

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited FWD
109 Posts
Blizzard pearl is off white. Wind chill pearl is a white white with metallic. 100% I’d get a wind chill. Look at pictures online. It’s noticeable

·
Registered
293 Posts
Blizzard pearl is off white. Wind chill pearl is a white white with metallic. 100% I’d get a wind chill. Look at pictures online. It’s noticeable
For the record, we have a Blizzard Pearl Limited AWD purchased in January and it sure looks white-white to me, not off-white. It's certainly nowhere close to a cream color.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For the record, we have a Blizzard Pearl Limited AWD purchased in January and it sure looks white-white to me, not off-white. It's certainly nowhere close to a cream color.
Absolutely, there is nothing "off white" about the Blizzard Pearl, its nothing like the old pearl whites GM has/had. Although "pearlescent", it has the metallic in the white paint. Toyota has used this paint for over 10 years across most of their Toyota vehicles (not the Lexus). Corolla, Camry, Rav4, Sienna, Highlander to name the common ones. Don't go by the "rendered" pics on the Toyota site, they have to show them as a shade different from the non metallic "super white".
Trust me, when you see them coming down the assembly line one after another, the 010 Blizzard Pearl is "whiter" than the 040 Super White.... Can't say I've seen the Wind Chill Pearl yet though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your comments. I’m now trying to decide how much I want a white van and how long I’m willing to wait for it. I did put down my name for the substitute car that’s coming in September. The color is not bad (it’s blue). I would have gone for the color originally if I wasn’t concerned about how much dust will show up on the car with the darker color.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you live in the rust belt at all, White and rust streaks are far worse than dust on a dark colour IMO.... As much as I don't mind white to look at, I will never buy a white vehicle, or silver for that matter. Both look horrible if/when the rust starts. I'd be red or the blue you mention, or dark grey. Black is beautiful when its clean.... but I have a minivan for a reason, I have kids... and time is not spent well on keeping my vehicle pristine, time I can spend with the kids.... my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I would advise you to wait....I am one of those blizzard pearls or white color fans and would definitely wait for the Windchill pearl......that is one thing about your vehicle that you cannot change, it is the color.....all else you can change.......nothing beats the original paint work....

Javvy

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited FWD
109 Posts
You should take your sienna to your local Toyota and park next to a wind chill pearl Toyota Camry(if they have one in stock). I’m just saying, and not trying to attack, but I see a big difference. And I didn’t go with it because of it being off white.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I placed an order for 2021 Sienna Platinum AWD with blizzard pearl color back in early June. I was informed today that Toyota no longer produces blizzard pearl due to the lack of paint. I was given an option to “switch” to another vehicle with the same trim, different color and different options that’s coming in September.
I have both colors. Get the windchill pearl. It is a sportier color where the blizzard has a rosy antique tone.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I have both colors. Get the windchill pearl. It is a sportier color where the blizzard has a rosy antique tone.
I don't see Wind Chill Pearl listed as an available color for any trims of the 2021 Sienna either in the brochure or on toyota.com. Blizzard Pearl is a metallic white - quite sparkly ... sort of "glows". We have two Toyotas with it.

Google "toyota wind chill pearl vs blizzard pearl" to find discussions about the two colors. I've read multiple comments about Windchill Pearl having a grayish tint. It's a moot point if the color is not available on the 2021 Sienna. It might be available on the 2022 Sienna as there have been comments about Toyota switching from offering Blizzard Pearl to Wind chill Pearl on some models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts