Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Altright so my 2015 sienna starts right up when connected to another car. Multumeter say the battery is getting 13.78 volts while running. However if I turn the car off and try to start it again the car shuts down. No crank, click nothing and all power turns off. The dome lights wont work no headlights. It seems like a seftey feature. If I unhook the battery and reconnect it the dome light head light ac radio etc all work again. But just trying to start it cuts all power to everything. Anyone have any ideas? A short some where? All fuses look good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
sounds like a bad electrical connection somewhere, as if disturbing the battery clamps makes/breaks a connection. If you have a multimeter check voltage at different points and under different conditions starting at the battery and fuse boxes. You will propbably need to wiggle/press on connections and wires to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sounds like poor connection at the battery? Clean terminals. Check the main ground wire from the battery.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,150 Posts
I had a similar incident with our 2008 Sienna. The + terminal was tight on the battery, but where it connects in the fuse box the nut was loose. When connecting jumper cables we must have moved the wire just enough that it made connection, and when I removed the clamp the wire strain must have relaxed just enough that connection was lost. I don't remember full details, but the alternator wire must be connected to the same terminal (?), because everything died at once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts