Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why it seems there is no tow package available for the 2021 limited/platinum trims?

Need to use with bike racks, not necessarily for towing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Because Toyota slapped this hybrid van together willy-nilly without doing any market research. The Hybrid Pacifica has been out for 3 years, and this is the best Toyota can come up with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know why it seems there is no tow package available for the 2021 limited/platinum trims?

Need to use with bike racks, not necessarily for towing.

Toyota says, the Limited and Platinum comes standard with the Kick to open the side and rear doors. The towing package equipment will interfere with this function.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota says, the Limited and Platinum comes standard with the Kick to open the side and rear doors. The towing package equipment will interfere with this function.
Thanks for the answer!

If so, that is somewhat rediculous. They couldn't put the sensor in a spot where a hitch wouldn't interfere?
I'm betting some after market people will make a setup where you can add a hitch and somehow extend/move the sensor to a different location.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I’m hoping they change this. I want top of the line for sure but I also want the tow hitch which isn’t too much to ask I would think.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since as you guys have rightfully pointed out, the promo photos show a hitch on a Limited, and also hitch availability on the XLE (which comes standard with the kick open door feature).......... I'm wondering if Toyota doesn't yet have their stuff together.

Doesn't make sense to not have a hitch available on the high end trims.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I want to see one in person, they share styling with the highlander and that's a good looking suv or crossover I'm not sure what they call it, also the whole thing with the 2nd row, I wonder if the 3 extra inches of length will make up for the seats not being removable. As for the tow hitch it could have just been a typo, because the pics do show otherwise. I don't care for the mega grill, but I do like what I've seen in pics on the interior.

·
Registered
41 Posts
But they claim it will tow 3,500 pounds in their press release? What gives?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts