Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Noise coming from blower motor control module resistor

8K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  rwcmick 
#1 ·
I started our 2008 Limited today and I heard a "whir, thunk, zip" sound that just kept cycling. I pressed the hvac button and still heard the sound. I lay down in the front passenger footwell and traced the continuous noise to the blow motor module resistor. When I put my hand on it, I could feel a vibration, like it is constantly working.

For the curious, the part looks like this

Product Technology Electronic device Magenta

The part felt slightly warm. I wouldn't say it was super hot, but then again the van hadn't been running long. We are taking a 2,000 (round trip) journey and I am wondering if this bad boy is going to start emitting smoke/smell when it finally dies? Should I try and get it fixed in the next few days? I do have the extended service plan and this part looks to be covered so I don't want to fix it myself. Furthermore, maybe there is something else malfunctioning in there? I don't even know if Toyota can fit me in the next few days.

Thoughts?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.