Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be interested in getting larger upgraded brake calipers and rotors from another car?
I'm thinking IS350/GS350/Lexus ISF/Lexus GSF/RCF calipers. these range from 4pot to 6 pot calipers. 334mm/356mm/380mm rotor.

stock 3rd gen rotors and IS350 are very similar. (It wouldn't let me post links to pictures thinking I'm spamming, admin help??)

same lug, top hat, height and a bit larger diameter. but this gives you a 4 pot Advics caliper instead of the stock 2 pot bracket caliper.
the good thing is that the cars I listed above all have the same mounting points so one bracket can fit four different type of calipers.

I cannot think of any other lexus/toyota OEM calipers that could be used.

IS350/GS350 calipers are easy to come by and cheap. 100-200 for a pair. rotors are cheap, any oem or centric brand will do. tons of aftermarket brake pads to chose from.
ISF are hard to come by used. I usually see a pair of fronts for 600, rotors are cheap new.
Now GSF/RCF, this car is still pretty new. I've only seen complete caliper sets being sold well over 1600. As time comes, they'll be easier to find.
I find my parts at local junk yards or car-parts. all these calipers would be easy to resell too as they work for a wide range of cars now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hm, would the stock BMC/booster be adequate for a 4 pot system (much less a 6...)? If all those various calipers you mentioned actually can bolt up, I think you might have discovered something really cool!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice info. I'm comparing pictures and it appears even the brake line goes into the same spot. I'll have to try this when my van is due for new brakes. Expecting a slightly mushier brake pedal though for more braking power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently purchased IS350/GS350 calipers for $20 each. not bad at all. throw on new rotors and pads with my bracket and a bbk 4 pot upgrade could be had under $400.
toyota/lexus brake lines are all the same. m10x1.0 banjo bolt.
I'll post pictures soon on a prototype. a knuckle is on its way to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone please confirm the lexus brake fitment and also if it fits over the stock wheel especially how wide they are thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like 350phi is trying to come up with some custom brake brackets to bolt on Lexus calipers in place of the current Sienna's. Sounds cheaper than a Brembo brake upgrade regardless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently purchased IS350/GS350 calipers for $20 each. not bad at all. throw on new rotors and pads with my bracket and a bbk 4 pot upgrade could be had under $400.
toyota/lexus brake lines are all the same. m10x1.0 banjo bolt.
I'll post pictures soon on a prototype. a knuckle is on its way to me.
Hi how did you sorted out the bracket part?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The IS350 calipers will not work. There is not enough space for the knuckle to mount the caliper in anyway I position the caliper. Also it's on the same plane. Usually when I make brackets, the caliper needs to be either above or below the knuckle's mounting ear so you can have room to make a bracket. I tried placing it anyway I could but 10-15mm of the caliper wasn't touching the rotor. My next test would be to use ISF 360mm rotors with LS460 calipers. Stock LS460 rotors are 360mm but uses 5x120 bolt pattern.
LS460 have two calipers, they have the stock advics 4 pot caliper which are pretty massive. then they have the brembo 6 pot. both calipers have the same mounting ears but uses 380mm rotors. Just need to find the right rotor height with 380mm size to use the larger 6 pot brembo from the LS460. Wish lexus kept these 5x114.3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok so i will then return the advics you recommended to but and wait for your other tests to get done please if you come up with something let me know i want a bbk if you can fabricate brackets i think it should be easy to find something that matches maybe something that screws from the top down

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really want to use Mustang GT350 brembo 6 pot calipers. they run about 245 each new!
the only downside is that the rotor cost about 230 new. they're 2pc rotors at 393mm. Perfect for 19" and up wheels. For this size and design, it's much easier to make a bracket. These calipers use top bolts and not side bolts.

This would be a front brembo bbk kit for around 1200 bucks.

misc pn:
Front Left Caliper - FR3Z2B121F
Front Right caliper - FR3Z2B120G
caliper bolt: - W717394-S439
•One (1) Front Left Rotor - FR3Z-1125-F
•One (1) Front Right Rotor - FR3Z-1125-E

if I can find aftermarket rotors for under 100 bucks each, then this would be a sweet brembo bbk upgrade for cheap.
A bracket kit would include a bracket and a centric hub ring from 60.1mm to 70.6mm

I have the isf rotor and ls460 caliper. It's still a maybe, but i'll get some pictures up soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Would these 4 & 6 pot caliper upgrades work with oem wheels? Obviously, larger the wheels the better, but one has to also account for the bulkiness of the larger calipers so the spoke design would also play a part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would these 4 & 6 pot caliper upgrades work with oem wheels? Obviously, larger the wheels the better, but one has to also account for the bulkiness of the larger calipers so the spoke design would also play a part.
Well it depends on which oem wheels you talk about if from the se the 19” than maybe if you use spacers the 17” definitely not

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found some time over the weekend. Using the OEM M12 calipers bolts with this 3d printed bracket. the bolts are super close to the ISF rotor but clears by 2-3mm which is fine.

How it sits with this first protoype. caliper is a tiny bit clocked down. Only way to clear anything. Movement in any direction is 1-3mm =( but there's 100% pad on the rotor so that's good.

This design gives the bracket a 30mm thickness for strength. the two holes will be tapped for m12x1.25.
It's crazy to see that these LS460 caliper uses M14x1.50x40 bolts. when I design, I try to make use of OEM bolts and position of things. So if you were to buy used ls460 calipers and they include OEM caliper bolts, then it will work with the bracket. Same goes for the OEM sienna caliper bolts, it should bolt up to the bracket.
Just waiting for caliper bolts this week. going to make more adjustments until this is at the right spot. I would also need someone in so cali to test fit this prototype. I have all tools. I just want to make sure it doesn't hit any lower control arms or swap bar when you steer left and right.

This thing is massive. I usually make brackets for half this size in materials. This thing doesn't look cheap. I usually use T6061 but will talk to my CNC guy to see what he thinks. Maybe Steal or T7071. It needs to be strong for a van full of family. This LS460 caliper cost around $50 bucks. ISF rotors are cheap too ($46-$80 depending on brand).

so what do you guys think. 360mm rotor 4 pot caliper for under $500??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found some time over the weekend. Using the OEM M12 calipers bolts with this 3d printed bracket. the bolts are super close to the ISF rotor but clears by 2-3mm which is fine.

View attachment 44499
How it sits with this first protoype. caliper is a tiny bit clocked down. Only way to clear anything. Movement in any direction is 1-3mm =( but there's 100% pad on the rotor so that's good.
View attachment 44498

This design gives the bracket a 30mm thickness for strength. the two holes will be tapped for m12x1.25.
It's crazy to see that these LS460 caliper uses M14x1.50x40 bolts. when I design, I try to make use of OEM bolts and position of things. So if you were to buy used ls460 calipers and they include OEM caliper bolts, then it will work with the bracket. Same goes for the OEM sienna caliper bolts, it should bolt up to the bracket.
Just waiting for caliper bolts this week. going to make more adjustments until this is at the right spot. I would also need someone in so cali to test fit this prototype. I have all tools. I just want to make sure it doesn't hit any lower control arms or swap bar when you steer left and right.
View attachment 44497

This thing is massive. I usually make brackets for half this size in materials. This thing doesn't look cheap. I usually use T6061 but will talk to my CNC guy to see what he thinks. Maybe Steal or T7071. It needs to be strong for a van full of family. This LS460 caliper cost around $50 bucks. ISF rotors are cheap too ($46-$80 depending on brand).

so what do you guys think. 360mm rotor 4 pot caliper for under $500??
Wow, this looks awesome, great job. I would definitely consider this conversion if it all works out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts