Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some wheels on our RAV4 I'd like to move to the Sienna. They currently have the OEM RAV4 Prime TPMS. Curious if I could just install the wheels on the Sienna and read/pair the sensor since they are both 2021 Toyotas?

Anyone try it with winter wheels and tires?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have some wheels on our RAV4 I'd like to move to the Sienna. They currently have the OEM RAV4 Prime TPMS. Curious if I could just install the wheels on the Sienna and read/pair the sensor since they are both 2021 Toyotas?

Anyone try it with winter wheels and tires?
On parts.toyota website rav4 2021 tpms has p/n 426070C091 and its shared between many models like Highlander, Sequoia, Tundra. However, Sienna 2021 has p/n 4260708050 and tpms itself looks different and its not shared to any other models. That been said - they only differ by last 4 digits in part number and I suspect it only has to do with different shape of tpms itself, but frequency should be exactly same and imho it should work. The problem is that we won't know until someone tries to put their rav4 wheels on Sienna 2021, then reset tpms and drive a bit to see if tpms will pair or not.
I wish Toyota have made it simpler than that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have to check the frequency on both, if the frequency is same on both it should work. You will need a tpms programmer like autel ts501.

·
Registered
56 Posts
EDIT: realized you were asking about a specific TPMS from the Rav4 ... no idea.

Check out Page 433 on the manual. There are instructions for learning a second set of TPMS sensors and being able to swap between two sets. I'm planning on having a set of snow tires mounted on 17" rims that I swap on/off for the ski season.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EDIT: realized you were asking about a specific TPMS from the Rav4 ... no idea.

Check out Page 433 on the manual. There are instructions for learning a second set of TPMS sensors and being able to swap between two sets. I'm planning on having a set of snow tires mounted on 17" rims that I swap on/off for the ski season.
Thanks I saw the instructions on that, thats why I was I was hoping to avoid purchasing the Autel tool and treat the RAV4 ones as a second set.

Guess I'll be busting out the jack and impact =)

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,384 Posts
I've checked a few of my standard go-to sources on TPMS cross-referencing for Toyota P/N 42607-08050 and am drawing a complete "0" for data. It only seems to be available at this point directly from Toyota dealers and there's no data on OEM mfgr, frequency, protocol, etc. So until someone updates their database, I can't help you.

As I haven't downloaded the manual, does P433 tell you anything about how to re-register a new set of sensors (winter tire/wheel set)? Still with a tool such as an Autel TS508 or Toyota Techstream thru the OBD port, or is there a dash selectable mode?

Is there a direct read dash display finally available on the Sienna?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I looked recently and seems Toyota has started switching to a self learning system like other vehicle manufacturers where the sensor IDs do not need a special tool to program. (I forget which model Toyota Owners Manual I read/interpreted that).

·
Registered
56 Posts
FYI I ordered a set of snow tires with rims and TPMS sensors from Tire Rack. I've swapped them on, and then back off. Both times I just went into the TMPS system menu and selected the "Identifying Each Wheel & Position" option and the new sensor set paired within a few minutes of driving.

This is the sensor linked off my TireRack order: https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detai...021&autoModel=Sienna+AWD&autoModClar=Platinum

At least on my Platinum trim the dash display also shows PSI for each wheel.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Woah, that's $85 each? I guess they can charge that as they're the only ones as of yet to know what works, well, besides the dealer.

Glad you don't need a special tool and thank you for sharing!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,384 Posts
A little rich for my blood, but it's like anything new.

It's good to hear that there is a re-registration process available for owners. However, when you do so, try to be the lone vehicle on a stretch of road. Some GM vehicles had this feature and some systems got pretty messed up by picking up transmissions from other nearby vehicles. Apparently confused enough that it took a trip to the dealer to deconvolute.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts