Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
New to us 2011 SE with only 9082 Miles. Was an estate sale and the previous elderly owner put in a scooter lift as soon as she purchased. I took out the lift.

So far shaking out the bugs but she looks to be the real deal with out many problems.

This will replace our 2008 sienna AWD XLE 7 passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why did you take out the lift?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’ve got 3kids. So no need for the lift. Although it would have been nice for heavy Home Depot runs.

Funny enough, the couple we sold our 2008 Sienna to was purchasing for one reason, to install a scooter lift.

It was perfect, we sold them the lift with the old sienna. An approved installer ordered the one mounting part that was different and they had a super cheap and nearly brand new lift!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm amazed that a scooter lift can run off a 12V battery.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It had its own relay going directly to the battery but more importantly it also had its own onboard battery. So when it was in operation it was using that onboard battery

·
Registered
14 Posts
First time posting here, these are the LEDs I've done lately. I have also added the "Hybrid blue emblem" insert, I think it looks fine, may find it not fitting perfectly if you look very closely (in person)

Other things I've done:
-OEM all weather mat
-Clear bra for front bumper+hood+fender, door handle cup, and rear bumper (around the black step)
-Thinkware F70 dashcam (hardwired)
-JDM OEM stickers (from Alphard - Emission, Fuel efficiency, and Premium fuel recommended in Japanese :p )
-OEM mud guard
-Silence Scheme 2677 & 2658
-Front door projected welcome light

And will install MIT windows visor soon :)

Good to meet you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you elaborate on the silence scheme noise dampening. Just searched with Tapatalk and only this post is found. I’m Curious.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Exactly like what SteveRockford said, it's a series of product that dampens noise, could be road noise or wind noise, or even noise created by plastic trim pieces.
That 2 I have mentioned isn't that necessary though, I just happen to have extra after I've done the same thing on my other cars, so I thought why not on the Sienna :)

2658 is for the gap between the hood and the fenders, it can also be applied to hatch trunk lid and rear door gaps
Link to product page (in Japanese)
Link to Amazon US
Link to Amazon jp (Sometime it's cheaper this way)

2677 is for the gap between the body and the black rubber door bump on the front door
Link to product page (in Japanese)
Link to Amazon US
Link to Amazon jp

And this is the page for all current silence scheme products (some google translate probably helps)
https://www.amon.co.jp/products2/list.php?category_id=24
They also have many kits for different DIY projects, so if you're bored, you can find some DIY ideas there lol

My next thing inline (that I have left) is 2642, suppose to reduce wind noise between the side mirror and the body, but really, I think my 18 XLE is a really quiet vehicle to start with :)
https://www.amon.co.jp/products2/detail.php?product_code=2642

·
Registered
31 Posts
First time posting here, these are the LEDs I've done lately. I have also added the "Hybrid blue emblem" insert, I think it looks fine, may find it not fitting perfectly if you look very closely (in person)

Other things I've done:

-OEM all weather mat

-Clear bra for front bumper+hood+fender, door handle cup, and rear bumper (around the black step)

-Thinkware F70 dashcam (hardwired)

-JDM OEM stickers (from Alphard - Emission, Fuel efficiency, and Premium fuel recommended in Japanese :p )

-OEM mud guard

-Silence Scheme 2677 & 2658

-Front door projected welcome light

And will install MIT windows visor soon :)

Good to meet you all!

Can you post pictures of the welcome light mod thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you post pictures of the welcome light mod thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is the one that I got:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIT-TOYOTA-SIENNA-2010-on-LED-courtesy-door-lights-puddle-welcome-projector-lamp-/142139408612?hash=item21182b40e4

It is a direct replacement to the red light on the edge of the front door, but it is clear and with a projecting lens instead. It comes with 2 sets of wire, but if your factory red ones already light up, you don't need the wire at all, the plug compatible with the factory pigtail.
Though I have to say, the side that let you slide onto the door panel is slightly bigger than the stock one, so it'll take some force to push them in, and I guess if I have to take it out one day, I may just take the door panel off and push from the back.

There's also this kind that MIT make, doesn't seem too hard to install ;)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIT-TOYOTA-SIENNA-2011-2018-LED-door-mirror-courtesy-foot-puddle-welcome-lights/123450939300

Update:
Pictures taken today

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

• 18 XLE Predawn Grey Metallic
Only mod so far is 30% Llumar tint front windows, 15% all the rest and a 5% eyebrow at top of windshield. Likely to add clear tint rest of the windshield for heat and UV protection.

Traded in my '10 Highlander Limited 4wd with 182k miles on her. Will the miss the off road prowess of that girl, but a third child entering the mix changed things. I tried to keep it by swapping out the rear solid third row bench for a' 13 split row, but it still wasn't enough room.

Future plans:
add more sound insulation. Not that it's that loud but this was something I did with the Highlander and I miss that extra quietness already.
Clear protective film on hood and rear bumper. Wish I did this on previous cars when they were young.
Wonder Woman puddle lights (cause my wife is her and she drives it)
2" Receiver hitch. I've got bikes to carry.
Led interior light bulbs. Kids might leave lights on.
Seat covers for all rows (taking recommendations)
All season floor mats throughout (likely the Husky liners)

We love to drive on road trips. She's gonna get her legs stretched for the first time in November on a Disney trip from Houston.

Taking suggestions on a name for her. The Highlander was White Eagle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking at getting those Tough Pro mats,but I don't see any hook slots on the photos of them for the driver's side. Do they come with the holes, did you cut holes, or is there really no sliding issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm looking at getting those Tough Pro mats,but I don't see any hook slots on the photos of them for the driver's side. Do they come with the holes, did you cut holes, or is there really no sliding issues?

Thanks
The ToughPRO mats do not have the hole cut outs for the driver side. I have them and might try to cut my own holes eventually when I have time to trim the mats to fit a little better. Will go back to the OE stock ones for now

101 - 120 of 131 Posts