Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

Just picked up my first ever Toyota. 2018 XLE FWD. The van has been great, the selling dealer sucked.
I’m from a long history of VWs so there is a lot to learn. First thing will be the necessary Minneapolis mod, a set of winter tires. Taking off some crap Kumho Solus in favor of Nokian Nordman.

·
Registered
88 Posts

New (to us) 2015 AWD Limited Premium, Sky Blue Pearl. It came with the stock 18' wheels, mounted with replacement run-flats. But the deal included these wheels (17") mounted with worn out Blizzak snow tires. So we put on these 235/65R/17 Michelin X-Ice X2s to finish out winter on. Longer-term, we're looking at the Journeys lift, and similarly sized summer AT-oriented tires, non run-flat. Also a roof box, currently leaning toward a Yakima Skybox 18.

·
Registered
23 Posts
View attachment 45577
Just picked up my first ever Toyota. 2018 XLE FWD. The van has been great, the selling dealer sucked.
I’m from a long history of VWs so there is a lot to learn. First thing will be the necessary Minneapolis mod, a set of winter tires. Taking off some crap Kumho Solus in favor of Nokian Nordman.
Yup I put the Norman’s on my AWD. ITS CRAZY. Much better ride than run flats

·
Registered
2014 Sienna Limited AWD
6 Posts
Hi folks,

Here's my 2014 Limited AWD - South Korean spec model with ~85k km ODO (~53k miles). Moved here from Australia last year and it replaces our 2016 Kluger Grande (Highlander Limited) AWD. Hopefully soon to be installed a set of wheels and a mild drop :)

20200623_093731.jpg

·
Premium Member
2018 Sienna LE
890 Posts
View attachment 45577
Awesome color. Our 2006 was this color and everyone liked it. The 2018 is silver but people don't recognize our van any more :)

·
Registered
2020 Sienna Limited Premium from a 2002 Odyssey XLE
23 Posts
Here's our new 2020 Limited Premium. Rosie joined our family on 9/05/2020. So far, we love it. So many bells and whistles to learn though. I remember when an automobile dashboard only had a speedometer, engine temperature gauge, and an oil pressure gauge (if you were lucky).

·
Registered
2017 Sienna XLE (Salsa Red Pearl)
12 Posts
Here's our "Rubi" - an off-lease 2017 XLE. She joined the family on June 30, 2020. My wife and I had been taking our time looking for a replacement "family hauler" (Rubi replaced a blue-green 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - "Bleen" - with just under 270,000 miles). I would have loved to continue driving Bleen (and it was hard parting with her) but we were looking for something that had more interior volume for both kids and cargo! We also were very interested in sliding side doors (the domestics no longer offer anything with sliding doors - well, save for the Pacifica however being a former engineer for Chrysler and seeing "into the kitchen," so to speak, I didn't want to buy Chrysler!).

We weren't necessarily looking for the XLE trim (but I am NOT going to complain about a sunroof, dual power side doors, a power lift gate, and heated seats!😁) however when I found this vehicle (mileage, features, age, price, location, etc.) everything seemed to line up.

We were also considering a (used) Honda Odyssey however I had been reading about some things regarding the Odyssey's engine (both current as well as one to two generations back) that caused me to pass on the Odyssey so that nudged me into the Toyota camp. Rubi is our first Toyota and we are quite pleased with her (when I purchased a truck a few years back, I almost went with a Tundra but opted for the larger (6.2L) engine that Ford offers).

The below pictures are right after I did a full paint correction on her as the previous (one) owner was, based on paperwork left in the van and some research I did, an older woman who had all service done at the Toyota dealership and who also liked touchless car washes (which the dealership does after services - to my dismay - I'm an avid detailer so car wash facilities, in general, for me, are taboo).

The only aftermarket work I've had done (and plan to do) is the front end & mirrors have been PPF wrapped and she has been undercoated to protect against road salt in the winter.

As a final note, we settled on the name "Rubi" because 1) of her color and 2) we spelled it "Rubi" instead of "Ruby" because, when (roughly) translated from English to Japanese (as a nod to her origins even though she was assembled in Indiana), "Ruby" translates into "Rubi" (using English letters, at least).

141 - 159 of 159 Posts