Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I recently picked up a 2012 AWD Limited that had high mileage (194k) and I’ve been going through some maintenance items (alternator, water pump, spark plugs, etc). While doing this I noticed a small oil leak near the rear of the engine by the water pump. It looks like it could be coming from the vvti oil cooler line banjo bolt. For 2012 did Toyota have the all metal oil cooler line or just the revised rubber one? Is it possible that the banjo bolt or the vvti filter are partially clogged causing the small leak? Or is a gasket nearby possibly slowly leaking? Thanks everyone for the assistance! Looking forward to getting the van on the road!

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Wash the area with some kind of acetone brake cleaner, don't skimp on it. Then watch it closely it will help you pinpoint the leak. I think there was a recall on the banjo bolt and metal pipe and Toyota changed it to a rubber hose. Google this recall issue and you will get your answer.

Reactions: SilverMachine

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi everyone.
I recently picked up a 2012 AWD Limited that had high mileage (194k) and I’ve been going through some maintenance items (alternator, water pump, spark plugs, etc).
Mine leaks back there too. I have to double check because it could be my PS pump.

Had the same issue, I changed the banjo bolt gasket and its all good.

part #9043016016
What year is your sienna? Was it hard to get to? It's on the to do list when the weather warms up a bit.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Mine leaks back there too. I have to double check because it could be my PS pump.
Mine too. I've replaced the PS pump and it was not it. I think it could be the rear valve cover since it coming from above the area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts