Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this may sound crazy, but I am currently fielding dealer offers for a 4th Sienna. This time another base Sienna L like my 2015.
Actually, its for my SIL, but since I have purchased 3 so far, she's enlisted my help in finding her a good deal on one.

:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are all 3s free rattle/ knocking sounds at all? Because mine is in fact not 100% free of the knocking sound although I did the tape trick and leaning the 3rd row seat wider already. It much better than before I did the trick.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the knocking sound on the 2011, the other 2 I do not notice the knocking sound. I silicone spray all the areas I think would rub and then tape as well and that got rid of the knocking sound on the third row, but then I heard squeaking sounds from the sliding doors. I used silicon spray on the door parts and the squeaks went away, for about a month. Now I spray them as part of my wash/wax/clean routine and it is all quiet. The 2011 has developed some rattles as it ages, but not to the point were it gets to me yet.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do u notice that the 3rd row seat angle makes a different setting? If u make it less than 90 deg, u can feel more movement than >90 deg. Less 90 deg is more shaking than >90deg.
Btw, good luck for your hunt for the 4th sienna👍

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd use both cargurus.com and autotrader.com to setup saved searches for a Sienna L for whichever model years you're considering within a certain radius of your zip code depending on how far your SIL is willing to drive to buy it. If you activate the email or text notifications then you will get notified when new listings appear that match your search and they will also tell you how good the price is based on the information they have about the car (i.e. mileage, accident history, etc). Both websites also have apps for your smartphone. I just used both sites to help find a CPO 2017 Kia Sorento from my BIL for a good price.

Edit: I thought you were looking for a pre-owned one, not a new one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far the best I could do is $30K drive out including all Tax, title, license and fees (approximately $27,500 selling price) on a 2020 with a $34K window sticker.. Still a bit higher than my SIL is looking to spend.. Most of the costs is from over priced dealer added items of no value which we don't want (like wheel locks, clear bra, etc..)
The hunt continues

1 - 11 of 11 Posts