Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I'm new to this forum. In fact. I'm new to the world of Toyota. I'm considering buying a new 2022 Sienna. I will most likely order it (ordering online for the first time) because most of the dealerships in my area don't have much of an inventory. In addition, they mostly have white, silver and black cars.

1- If we order online...when are we supposed to apply for financing? Do we do that when we place the order or when it is delivered to the dealership? Do we have at least a week notice before delivery? I prefer to apply close to the time of the delivery.

2- I like the XSE trim, however, I really want the digital rear view mirror which is only offered in the Limited and Platinum trims. Was anyone able to get that option with the XSE trim? I consider this a must have as it is a safety feature. My friend has it on her car...and what a difference! She's using it 100% of the time. Toyota should have it as a standard on all trims.

3- I don't think any of the dealerships in my area has the Blueprint color. So most likely I won't be able to see it in person. Any feedback regarding this color will be appreciated. Is it too dark?

TIA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello...I'm new to this forum. In fact. I'm new to the world of Toyota. I'm considering buying a new 2022 Sienna. I will most likely order it (ordering online for the first time) because most of the dealerships in my area don't have much of an inventory. In addition, they mostly have white, silver and black cars.

1- If we order online...when are we supposed to apply for financing? Do we do that when we place the order or when it is delivered to the dealership? Do we have at least a week notice before delivery? I prefer to apply close to the time of the delivery.

2- I like the XSE trim, however, I really want the digital rear view mirror which is only offered in the Limited and Platinum trims. Was anyone able to get that option with the XSE trim? I consider this a must have as it is a safety feature. My friend has it on her car...and what a difference! She's using it 100% of the time. Toyota should have it as a standard on all trims.

3- I don't think any of the dealerships in my area has the Blueprint color. So most likely I won't be able to see it in person. Any feedback regarding this color will be appreciated. Is it too dark?

TIA
Hoho, you are in a world of surprises and pain my friend. Perfect Timing to order a minivan.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts

TIA
Yes, it is IMO too dark. From most angles it looks very dark navy. As it is the case with black, it's hard to keep this Blueprint jcoat nice and shiny. I am lucky I don't care [enough].
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Cloud

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dimitrij said:
Yes, it is IMO too dark. From most angles it looks very dark navy. As it is the case with black, it's hard to keep this Blueprint jcoat nice and shiny. I am lucky I don't care [enough].
Thanks. WOW! It is indeed very dark. I just don't want to get a white, silver or grey car. I guess I will look into the red one.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You don’t order online. It’s not Amazon. You can play around with configurations online then use that as a baseline to have a conversation with a local dealer, but you must go through a dealer in the US.

Financing happens when you take delivery of the vehicle. Should you be able to find a dealer accepting orders right now, you’ll give a deposit then wait. Most are quoting 4-6 months. Many dealers already have waitlists and aren’t taking orders though, so good luck.

IF you give a deposit, be sure to get IN WRITING what you’ve agreed to buy… trim level, drivetrain, color, options, cost, etc. Even when it’s in writing they don’t have to honor it, but it gives you something tangible to negotiate with if something gets screwed up later.

The blue is extremely pretty and sparkles in the light, but is also quite dark in low light, easily confused with black, and crazy hard to keep clean.

Toyotas are awesome. Just know the market you’re entering right now. It’s not a great time to be a buyer. For every 5 vans built, something like 100 people want it and are ready to purchase it. You have competition out there. This allows dealers to ask for (and very often get!) ridiculous markups above MSRP… like $5-10K above MSRP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agree with others' comments about the difficulty of ordering. Tracking stock vigilantly online and contacting dealers relentlessly (more people back out of purchases last-minute than you'd think) may be a better option than gambling on an order and seeing how long it takes. I ultimately found a van that was about 95% of what I wanted about 500 miles away, and jumped on it, and that seems to be how a lot of folks around here have gotten their hands on Siennas recently.

I think I'm preaching to the choir, but I will say that ours has the digital rear view mirror - something I hadn't had on a car before - and it was one of the features that, after a few hours, I wondered how I ever lived without. Initially it felt like too much detail/movement and I got a little woozy looking at it, but I quickly adjusted and now use it all the time.

If you are looking for an unusual color and decide against the blue (which, for the record, is very pretty), consider the green color ("Cypress"). It is probably not for everyone, but we saw it once in person and absolutely had to have it. Very striking. Picture of our ride below. I don't care for the red, by contrast, but different strokes for different folks and all that. Everyone's red looks bad next to Mazda's.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
895 Posts

TIA
Sasha, I recommend that you closely follow the threads on this forum related to pricing, delivery, etc., so you will gain an understanding of what people are encountering in trying to get their Sienna. There are some sad stories but also a lot of good hints and advice. Good Luck! I love my Sienna.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I inquired about ordering last Saturday and was quoted 4-6 months. I was presold a windchill pearl (white) XLE 8 seater with graphite embossed softex. I was told it would be here today, and of course, I got a call that it has an "Updated ETA", now Sunday, available for pickup Monday. I built the exact van on Toyota's configurator and got an MSRP of $42,168. Their "best deal" was $44,500 :rolleyes: They can either overcharge or underdeliver, but they'd better pick which one they're going to do. I already put $5,000 down and was approved at 1.9% so they better not feed me any excuses when Monday rolls around. I get employee pricing on Volvos and since I currently drive one, I also get a loyalty bonus; making the jump to a new XC90 only $4,000 - $5,000. There are 16 in stock between my 2 local dealers, all of which actually have spare tires. But I'm going for the Sienna because I drive for rideshare and 36 MPG (and regular 87 fuel) has changed stupider minds than mine.

1. You will finance it through your local dealer.

2. You can likely retrofit it later.

3. I'm a bit biased, as blue is my favorite color. I personally believe there aren't enough blue cars out there. There is also a certain 9 year old, belonging to some friends of mine, who calls me froggy and thinks that everything I use/buy must be green. For her, Cypress would be the only option. I honestly think it's even rarer to see on the road than blue, so I'd go for it in a heartbeat if this insane "beer flu" incited shortage of everything didn't severely limit our freedom as consumers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toyotas are awesome. Just know the market you’re entering right now. It’s not a great time to be a buyer. For every 5 vans built, something like 100 people want it and are ready to purchase it. You have competition out there. This allows dealers to ask for (and very often get!) ridiculous markups above MSRP… like $5-10K above MSRP
Thank you for the detailed explanation! I'm taking my time. I can wait for months even a year. I was also researching Carnival...same story! I really like the new Sienna.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are looking for an unusual color and decide against the blue (which, for the record, is very pretty), consider the green color ("Cypress"). It is probably not for everyone, but we saw it once in person and absolutely had to have it. Very striking. Picture of our ride below. I don't care for the red, by contrast, but different strokes for different folks and all that. Everyone's red looks bad next to Mazda's.
Oh...the Cypress is so pretty! It will definitely stand out! My favorite color is the blue but I wish it was a bit lighter...
Yep! The digital rear view mirror is fantastic. It's a must have.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sasha, I recommend that you closely follow the threads on this forum related to pricing, delivery, etc., so you will gain an understanding of what people are encountering in trying to get their Sienna. There are some sad stories but also a lot of good hints and advice. Good Luck! I love my Sienna.
Yep! I'm searching the forum for those threads about pricing/delivery. Thank you for your feedback that you love your Sienna. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I think it is worth the wait...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I inquired about ordering last Saturday and was quoted 4-6 months. I was presold a windchill pearl (white) XLE 8 seater with graphite embossed softex. I was told it would be here today, and of course, I got a call that it has an "Updated ETA", now Sunday, available for pickup Monday. I built the exact van on Toyota's configurator and got an MSRP of $42,168. Their "best deal" was $44,500 :rolleyes: They can either overcharge or underdeliver, but they'd better pick which one they're going to do. I already put $5,000 down and was approved at 1.9% so they better not feed me any excuses when Monday rolls around. I get employee pricing on Volvos and since I currently drive one, I also get a loyalty bonus; making the jump to a new XC90 only $4,000 - $5,000. There are 16 in stock between my 2 local dealers, all of which actually have spare tires. But I'm going for the Sienna because I drive for rideshare and 36 MPG (and regular 87 fuel) has changed stupider minds than mine.

1. You will finance it through your local dealer.

2. You can likely retrofit it later.

3. I'm a bit biased, as blue is my favorite color. I personally believe there aren't enough blue cars out there. There is also a certain 9 year old, belonging to some friends of mine, who calls me froggy and thinks that everything I use/buy must be green. For her, Cypress would be the only option. I honestly think it's even rarer to see on the road than blue, so I'd go for it in a heartbeat if this insane "beer flu" incited shortage of everything didn't severely limit our freedom as consumers.
Good luck on Monday...keep us posted. Unfortunately, dealers are taking advantage of the situation. Some are asking for ridiculous markup specially in CA. I don't think I ever encountered a green car in my area...it is definitely very rare. My favorite is still the Blueprint color...I might still get it. There is a carwash about couple of blocks away that offers a reasonably priced monthly pass for unlimited car wash. However, I won't wash it more than once a week. When it is parked it will be indoor 95% of the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For the digital rear view mirror you can get an aftermarket one and install it yourself, or have it installed. I'm considering this one (once my car finally arrives) because it has a dashcam embedded as well

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For the digital rear view mirror you can get an aftermarket one and install it yourself, or have it installed. I'm considering this one (once my car finally arrives) because it has a dashcam embedded as well
Thanks...that's very interesting. Is this the type of digital rear view mirror that works as you're driving at any speed? I have read that some of those type mirrors work only on reverse or when driving at a very low speed. And does this come with a camera to install in the rear of the van? Oh..I just went to Amazon site...I read some mixed reviews regarding night vision. Some said that the quality at night is very poor and blurry. What do you think? As I really want that feature specifically for night time driving.

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
124 Posts
If posible, find financing on your own and use this to your advantage while negotiating with the dealer. We are members of a credit union and got 1.49% for 60 months. This allowed us to take the incentive credit from Toyota and the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If posible, find financing on your own and use this to your advantage while negotiating with the dealer. We are members of a credit union and got 1.49% for 60 months. This allowed us to take the incentive credit from Toyota and the dealer.
What incentive credit? Thanks.

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
124 Posts
What incentive credit? Thanks.
Toyota and dealers from time to time will run like $1000 cashback type incentives. Most of the time that’s dependent upon you bringing your own financing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts