Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took delivery of my 2022 Sienna. I placed an order in July and got the car in October (12th to be precise). Was able to get $1500 off MSRP as i negotiated when placing the order. I took the wind chill pearl color (after debating with Red), and I recommend you guys to take a look at this color. Its not a flat bland white, instead it has a metallic finish that shines outdoors and looks really neat.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just took delivery of my 2022 Sienna. I placed an order in July and got the car in October (12th to be precise). Was able to get $1500 off MSRP as i negotiated when placing the order. I took the wind chill pearl color (after debating with Red), and I recommend you guys to take a look at this color. Its not a flat bland white, instead it has a metallic finish that shines outdoors and looks really neat.
Congrats on your new car...you got a good deal! Can you post some pictures please?
BTW, did you obtain your own financing? I'm just thinking that most banks and credit unions would only give you a limited time (30 days for example) to use the loan you qualified for....ordering takes several months until delivery...so if we applied when we placed the order...we might have to reapply again as the loan approval would have expired by then. So do we get at least a week notice before delivery so we can secure a loan then?

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
124 Posts
Congrats on your new car...you got a good deal! Can you post some pictures please?
BTW, did you obtain your own financing? I'm just thinking that most banks and credit unions would only give you a limited time (30 days for example) to use the loan you qualified for....ordering takes several months until delivery...so if we applied when we placed the order...we might have to reapply again as the loan approval would have expired by then. So do we get at least a week notice before delivery so we can secure a loan then?
My credit union gave us 90 day window. We actually applied in November 2020 and it expired since we didn’t get our van until April 2021. They just updated the application and that was it. They sent a blank check with instructions for the seller. Very easy.
I would recommend a credit union over a bank every time. Just easier to work with.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks...that's very interesting. Is this the type of digital rear view mirror that works as you're driving at any speed? I have read that some of those type mirrors work only on reverse or when driving at a very low speed. And does this come with a camera to install in the rear of the van? Oh..I just went to Amazon site...I read some mixed reviews regarding night vision. Some said that the quality at night is very poor and blurry. What do you think? As I really want that feature specifically for night time driving.
It's hard for me to say since my car hasn't arrived yet so I haven't been able to try it out. But overall reviews look positive -would be interested if anyone else has tried an aftermarket digital mirror

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My credit union gave us 90 day window. We actually applied in November 2020 and it expired since we didn’t get our van until April 2021. They just updated the application and that was it. They sent a blank check with instructions for the seller. Very easy.
I would recommend a credit union over a bank every time. Just easier to work with.
Thanks...that's good to know! How do you like your Sienna? What color did you get?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's hard for me to say since my car hasn't arrived yet so I haven't been able to try it out. But overall reviews look positive -would be interested if anyone else has tried an aftermarket digital mirror
I hope someone that used an aftermarket digital mirror will chime in...

I found a thread about this very issue..

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
124 Posts
Thanks...that's good to know! How do you like your Sienna? What color did you get?
We love it! I do wish the seats and arm rest had a little more padding, but, unless I am really paying attention to it, I never notice it not having as much as my 2009 Sienna had. We got the limited in blazered pearl. I like the contrast between the paint color and the other color features of the car….if that makes sense. 😬. Like the grill and brake lights.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We love it! I do wish the seats and arm rest had a little more padding, but, unless I am really paying attention to it, I never notice it not having as much as my 2009 Sienna had. We got the limited in blazered pearl. I like the contrast between the paint color and the other color features of the car….if that makes sense. 😬. Like the grill and brake lights.
Great! They no longer offer that color in the 2022 model. They replaced it by Windchill Pearl which is different..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to see you have the time to wait. I Ordered my Sienna Platnum on August 7 and still no word if the factory will allocate the order from my dealership.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Glad to see you have the time to wait. I Ordered my Sienna Platnum on August 7 and still no word if the factory will allocate the order from my dealership.
Did the dealer ever give you a waiting time estimate? It looks like it is getting worse not better...

·
Registered
2 Posts
On 1st of December 2021, I ordered my 2022 Toyota XSE - Ruby Flare Pearl (Red) color (Extra $378 for the color) through a dealer in CT. Paid an advance of $1000.00. The dealer told me that there is a wait tine of 12 to 18 weeks. Price was same as the build price in toyota website. Dealer did not charge any markup but not sure if anything would change. Patiently waiting now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
On 1st of December 2021, I ordered my 2022 Toyota XSE - Ruby Flare Pearl (Red) color (Extra $378 for the color) through a dealer in CT. Paid an advance of $1000.00. The dealer told me that there is a wait tine of 12 to 18 weeks. Price was same as the build price in toyota website. Dealer did not charge any markup but not sure if anything would change. Patiently waiting now.
You did good! So the dealer actually placed an order for you? I contacted several dealers about a month ago...I was told Toyota doesn't accept orders anymore. They just say they will try to match my preferences to an allocation they receive from Toyota. He said...there is no guarantee they can find the trim I want in the color I want...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer told me 8 to 16 weeks, then the shit hit the fan with the announcement on 8/17 from Toyota they are cutting production by 400K vehicles. After back and forth with the dealership as to if this would affect my build there answer was

"Worst case scenario I imagine they delay accepting orders for a few weeks, but that should be the extent of it. The US facilities are cutting 60,000 units while Japan is cutting 90,000. From what was explained to us from HQ, the cuts are going to mainly consist of "Allocated" vehicles. These are the cars being built just to create inventory, as opposed to Build Requests that are being built for customer orders"

Well that has all gone by the wayside since Toyota is not accepting builds anymore, they will allocate what they want when they want, so I wait. I feel Toyota will not allocate my build seeing it was submitted for a 2021 build and the list price was $53500. I have been on the Autolist website and have signed up for updates on Sienna in my particular build and the prices that they are listing for are CRAZY, some of these dealerships are gouging the crap out of them, Make Me an Offer Prices. I'll continue to wait and drive my Audi Q7.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The dealer told me 8 to 16 weeks, then the shit hit the fan with the announcement on 8/17 from Toyota they are cutting production by 400K vehicles. After back and forth with the dealership as to if this would affect my build there answer was

"Worst case scenario I imagine they delay accepting orders for a few weeks, but that should be the extent of it. The US facilities are cutting 60,000 units while Japan is cutting 90,000. From what was explained to us from HQ, the cuts are going to mainly consist of "Allocated" vehicles. These are the cars being built just to create inventory, as opposed to Build Requests that are being built for customer orders"

Well that has all gone by the wayside since Toyota is not accepting builds anymore, they will allocate what they want when they want, so I wait. I feel Toyota will not allocate my build seeing it was submitted for a 2021 build and the list price was $53500. I have been on the Autolist website and have signed up for updates on Sienna in my particular build and the prices that they are listing for are CRAZY, some of these dealerships are gouging the crap out of them, Make Me an Offer Prices. I'll continue to wait and drive my Audi Q7.
You will most definitely get a 2022! You're right...dealers are taking advantage of the situation...however I will never pay more than the MSRP. I will just wait...

·
Registered
2 Posts
You did good! So the dealer actually placed an order for you? I contacted several dealers about a month ago...I was told Toyota doesn't accept orders anymore. They just say they will try to match my preferences to an allocation they receive from Toyota. He said...there is no guarantee they can find the trim I want in the color I want...
Yes, the dealer gave me an invoice / contract. I contacted many dealers in Connecticut and most of them told me that they won't take the order. Only one dealer took the order. I was even told that there is a sliver XSE which will be available soon but that was not my choice. Will update if I get any update.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yes, the dealer gave me an invoice / contract. I contacted many dealers in Connecticut and most of them told me that they won't take the order. Only one dealer took the order. I was even told that there is a sliver XSE which will be available soon but that was not my choice. Will update if I get any update.
That's good news. Yes please keep us posted..

21 - 36 of 36 Posts