Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, the wife shredded the rear passenger tire somehow and the fix a flat kit wouldn’t cut it. I went to our dealer and they ordered the kit for us (part #51900-08050) for $239 and it cost $240 to have it installed. I ordered the spare wheel online for $245 and tire for $100. So for those of you wondering if it can be done…. It can. For about $1k it can be done. Moral of this story, a fool and his money are soon parted, ORDER YOURS with a spare tire for only $75 EXTRA!
Car Motor vehicle Trunk Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Trunk

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
375 Posts
Nice work posting the part number, the cost, and some pics. Seen lots of threads on here about people asking if it can be done so I'm sure you're helping out more than a few people.
Did you keep all the parts after the conversion? You might be able to offset some of your costs by selling that stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did part 51900-08050 include everything (trim, mounts, jack) other than the spare tire/wheel? From the other spare tire thread I was under the impression a number of parts needed to be ordered.

Anyone know how to interpret the parts diagrams .. does the 51900 at the top indicate everything is included?

Font Parallel Auto part Rectangle Drawing

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work posting the part number, the cost, and some pics. Seen lots of threads on here about people asking if it can be done so I'm sure you're helping out more than a few people.
Did you keep all the parts after the conversion? You might be able to offset some of your costs by selling that stuff.
sorry for responding so late. I did keep the spare pieces. I think I’m going to hang on to them JUST in case someone ever needs it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did part 51900-08050 include everything (trim, mounts, jack) other than the spare tire/wheel? From the other spare tire thread I was under the impression a number of parts needed to be ordered.

Anyone know how to interpret the parts diagrams .. does the 51900 at the top indicate everything is included?

View attachment 57927
It came with everything you need, minus the tire and wheel. I’ll pull the cover off when I can and take a picture of it, the jack is included as is the new cover piece on the battery compartment that stores the jack accessories. I only ordered this kit and it came with everything you need. The recommended parts list said there was some plastic tabs that it needed, but they were included in that kit when it came in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It came with everything you need, minus the tire and wheel. I’ll pull the cover off when I can and take a picture of it, the jack is included as is the new cover piece on the battery compartment that stores the jack accessories. I only ordered this kit and it came with everything you need. The recommended parts list said there was some plastic tabs that it needed, but they were included in that kit when it came in.
Thanks that's helpful. What size is the spare tire? I'm finding a couple different sizes online (155 70 17 for one)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Long story short, the wife shredded the rear passenger tire somehow and the fix a flat kit wouldn’t cut it. I went to our dealer and they ordered the kit for us (part #51900-08050) for $239 and it cost $240 to have it installed. I ordered the spare wheel online for $245 and tire for $100. So for those of you wondering if it can be done…. It can. For about $1k it can be done. Moral of this story, a fool and his money are soon parted, ORDER YOURS with a spare tire for only $75 EXTRA!
View attachment 57922
View attachment 57923
Hey there, is the part number kit for your specific Sienna or it can be on other variant too? What variant you have and is it 7 or 8 seater? Also what color is your kit bec when i looked at the parts number it got 3 or 4 color choices... Thanks and sorry for the questions... I have a '22 LE AWD 8pass with no spare tire, btw...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey there, is the part number kit for your specific Sienna or it can be on other variant too? What variant you have and is it 7 or 8 seater? Also what color is your kit bec when i looked at the parts number it got 3 or 4 color choices... Thanks and sorry for the questions... I have a '22 LE AWD 8pass with no spare tire, btw...
I have a 8 seater XLE, my dealer was able to use my vin to figure out which color I would need. But what they didn’t know was that these parts even existed so using the part number along with my vin they were able to figure out which I needed. I’m 90% sure you’ll use the same one I have.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 8 seater XLE, my dealer was able to use my vin to figure out which color I would need. But what they didn’t know was that these parts even existed so using the part number along with my vin they were able to figure out which I needed. I’m 90% sure you’ll use the same one I have.
I just called couple of Toyota shops near me and they do have the parts but weird thing is don't install it or they still don't know how to install it...One service tech told me if it wasn't equipped with one, it couldn't be fitted with one... Btw, where is your dealer located then? Has anyone here in our forum DIY install it ? Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just called couple of Toyota shops near me and they do have the parts but weird thing is don't install it or they still don't know how to install it...One service tech told me if it wasn't equipped with one, it couldn't be fitted with one... Btw, where is your dealer located then? Has anyone here in our forum DIY install it ? Thanks
Mine is in Pascagoula MS

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ash tech why would they sell kit if it can not be installed!! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ash tech why would they sell kit if it can not be installed!! :)
The tech that i talked too seems not familiar with the new Sienna bec he said that since mine is an AWD, you can't add it underneath it, i said new Sienna have their spare inside the left rear cabin and he said he'll talk to his manager and he'll call me back but it's been 6hrs since i talk to him and haven't got any call back yet... Im still gonna call around several Toyota shops if they can install it though...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll probably place an order for it soon after i get back in 2 weeks and Attempt the install. I saw some pdfs on what to remove. I don't mind getting my hands dirty as long as i don't need a any heavy duty equipment like a lift. I'm getting my sienna lifted today from a shop.
I think i can handle pulling out old panels and putting new ones in

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll probably place an order for it soon after i get back in 2 weeks and Attempt the install. I saw some pdfs on what to remove. I don't mind getting my hands dirty as long as i don't need a any heavy duty equipment like a lift. I'm getting my sienna lifted today from a shop.
I think i can handle pulling out old panels and putting new ones in
Hey, that would be great! Please do a video of the install when you do it! 👍🏼

1 - 20 of 28 Posts