Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the water pump and timing belt on my 2001 Toyota Sienna. The first 24 hours it did not run hot. Then it started running hot and I was having to put water in it. I was driving on the highway the gauge never moved initiating it was getting hot. All of a sudden I heard a whining/bubbling noise from the engine, so I put it in Neutral and turned it off and coasted to the shoulder. Once stopped I turned key off and seen a whole bunch of smoke come from under the hood. I raised the hood and kept it open for over two hours to cool down. It took two hours for the engine to cool down. Once cooled down I tried to start the van, but it was trying to turn over but wouldn't start. It hasn't started since. Both of the fans are working. The coolant reservoir was bone dry. What is wrong with my van? Please someone help me....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Searching the archives first is thoughtful but only helpful if the original post was resolved. For overheating, start with the cheap and easy stuff. Leaks, radiator cap, thermostat etc. Cranking but not firing is a different can of worms. There's dozens of causes, best resolved separate from the overheating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts