Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 sienna le 3.3l v6 , with 336,000 km's. I replaced all 6 ignition coils and iridium plugs, due to the misfires as noted from the codes. I took the van in to get the codes reads and he told me it was likely all the coils as he could see alot of them were cracked at the bolt hole. I put Delco coils and Bosch plugs in myself. I put about 3k more km's on the van with no misfires untill the misfires returned. I suppose a coil could be at fault again but I would need to get the exact fault read again at the dealer (another $135). I added STP injector cleaner recently with no improvement so far. Should I consider replacing the injectors as todate I have not done any service on them?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Did you replace the coils after the mechanic pointed out that they were cracked? The timeline is not that clear to me. Also not clear if you're now getting P0300 again or some unknown code.

There's no reason to go to the dealer for a CEL, an inexpensive ($20) reader will pull normal codes. Let us know what the current CEL is for after pulling it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks very much for your comments. I replaced all plugs and coils after mechanic told me they were cracked. I can not add anything else as I have just ordered an inexpensive code reader but not yet received it. I do not know if the code is different than previous. Also in the meantime I have added STP injector cleaner. I will update the status when I get my code reader. thanks.

·
156 Posts
Any update on this ontarioboy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts