Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sienna CE 97k miles
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2004 sienna threw a P0328 code, any recommendations on which one of these to get on rockauto? Amazaon also Beck Arnley for $55. Should I might as well do bank 2 at the same time?

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
963 Posts
Before you fire the parts cannon, you should know that there are 3 different possible problems (maybe more) here. The valley cover can leak coolant into the area, the harness can be shorted (rodent damage) or the sensor can be failed. All three can throw the same code. Unfortunately, the only option I know to verify which problem it is, is to take it all apart and visibly inspect to eliminate the wire harness and coolant leak options. To do that requires probably 2 hours of disassembly. Other than that, I can't provide any insight into those sensor options, as I've never had to replace one on my van.

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,984 Posts
I don't have any experience with any of those sensors , however what I can recommend is to do both at the same time . Also, more often than not the wiring leading to the sensors may be compromised and may need renewal. Inspect and change accordingly. The sensors are buried in the valley and getting there requires removing a lot of stuff. Things to consider are the renewal of the water inlet plate sealant ( look for evidence pink coolant leak) , spark plugs , valve cover gasket , coil packs and the pcv . You may need the intake manifold gaskets as well for the job. There are videos on youtube for this job and some show the fuel rails being removed. Removal of the fuel rails. is not necessary.There are a couple videos showing how to bypass the sensors as well . It is a big job so be patient and do it right.

Reactions: BillG

·
Registered
2004 Sienna CE 97k miles
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any experience with any of those sensors , however what I can recommend is to do both at the same time .
saw your old post from 2019 where you mentioned you replaced yours, could you tell me which ones did you get ? genuine dealer part?

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,984 Posts
I bought them off ebay ( oh boy) , did not know better at the time, They came in 'toyota boxes" and looked like the originals ( seller said they were from Japan, who knows ! BUT so far so good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts