Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Been a lurker for a while and joined several months ago when we purchased a 2020 Sienna. I’ve been looking at the official press release, review videos and pictures but I can’t see a dual moonroof on any trims.

I know this is not a major issue for most, but it’s something that I’m desiring for the kids (they absolutely love the second moonroof). I’m considering upgrading to the 2021 for AWD and hybrid reasons (the AWD is similar to the Highlander Hybrid setup with an electric motor bolted to the rear differential).

(We declined the AWD the Sienna because I did not want run-flats and the driveline took the place of the spare tire, but I would love to get AWD back).

My wife and I are coming from a Highlander Hybrid (AWD-I) and a Prius to the 2020 Sienna and the city mileage is pretty bad (we live in a smaller city and my wife is a full time mom, combined with anywhere we need to go being very close, 16mpg In the city is terrible).

note: as I’m typing this I have a review video playing and the guy also says he doesn’t see the second moonroof in any of the pictures either.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
If there was going to be a panoramic or dual moonroof on the 2021 Sienna, it surely would have been mentioned or shown in the official news releases or promotional videos which have shown all 2021 Sienna trims.

My wife is gaga about the panoramic roof on her 2012 Prius v and was planning to get a 2021 RAV4 PHEV with one. After I showed her that the 2021 Venza Hybrid has a panoramic roof, she's far more interested in it but will wait a year or two to see if a PHEV Venza becomes availalbe. We were going to replace her Prius primarily to get better safety technology but there's no real hurry since it's at only 45K miles and will continue to sit unused until the COVID-19 pandemic is over.

From what I can tell, the 2021 Venza is going to be about the same size as the original Venza which was pretty roomy - roomy enough to hold the full size bicycle we gave my wife's sister-in-law after we took its front wheel off. We liked the original Venza a lot. I would have bought a Venza instead of a Sienna in 2014 if the PCS and DRCC had been available on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife is gaga about the panoramic roof on her 2012 Prius v and was planning to get a 2021 RAV4 PHEV with one. After I showed her that the 2021 Venza Hybrid has a panoramic roof, she's far more interested in it but will wait a year or two to see if a PHEV Venza becomes availalbe.
I’m aiming/hoping to get Sienna PHEV in fall 2023 as MY 2024, with assumption that would be 2nd year of production. That assumes two year lag for intro like we saw for RAV4 Prime.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm the opposite. I wish the option to delete the moonroof all together on XLE and above trims was available. More complexity or something to break, reduced structure integrity, 200+ lbs extra weight up top, reduced headroom, more heat in the cabin, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If there was going to be a panoramic or dual moonroof on the 2021 Sienna, it surely would have been mentioned or shown in the official news releases or promotional videos which have shown all 2021 Sienna trims.

My wife is gaga about the panoramic roof on her 2012 Prius v and was planning to get a 2021 RAV4 PHEV with one. After I showed her that the 2021 Venza Hybrid has a panoramic roof, she's far more interested in it but will wait a year or two to see if a PHEV Venza becomes availalbe. We were going to replace her Prius primarily to get better safety technology but there's no real hurry since it's at only 45K miles and will continue to sit unused until the COVID-19 pandemic is over.

From what I can tell, the 2021 Venza is going to be about the same size as the original Venza which was pretty roomy - roomy enough to hold the full size bicycle we gave my wife's sister-in-law after we took its front wheel off. We liked the original Venza a lot. I would have bought a Venza instead of a Sienna in 2014 if the PCS and DRCC had been available on it.
The Venza panoramic roof doesn't open, does that matter to you and/or your wife?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
The Venza panoramic roof doesn't open, does that matter to you and/or your wife?
It's probably better that it doesn't. The panoramic roof on her Prius v doesn't open either which is fine with her since she has terrible allergies year round. She says she likes to look up at the sky as she drives ... I wish she would watch the road!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts