Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
You might pay as little as $600 or as much as $1600 depending on your particular area and the specific mechanic. I think I recall the flat rate estimate is 6 hours and some mechanics in my area (i.e. the Toyota dealer) are approaching a $200/hr. labor rate plus the cost of parts.
I paid $1264 last year for the same job. That included exterior belts too plus anti-freeze. The mechanic bought all the parts, with a nice mark up of course. Mines a 2006 Sienna xle with 233,000 miles and never had any belt replacement. I bought it and right away had the timing belt kit put in it. Sure the belt looked worn and may have given out soon. I have put 10,000 miles on it now and its going strong still. Haven't done that much to it. Engine light has been on for like 8 months now. It goes off when i add additives for the front catalytic converter fix. It still runs ok. I just do the right thing and ignore it-lol. It doesn't have any rear brakes, maybe 10% but it stops good enough. Everything else works though. For a $2600 vehicle its a good one. Scotty Kilmer persuaded me to buy a Toyota ,so i did. He was right about them. I hope to get to the 300,000 mile mark with this one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2002 Toyota Sienna XLE and a local mechanic is asking to replace Timing Belt. He said it will cost $1000 to do the job. Is it that costly? Please let me know. You can reply to [email protected]. Thanks.
I paid $1264 last year for the same job. That included exterior belts too plus anti-freeze. The mechanic bought all the parts, with a nice mark up of course. Mines a 2006 Sienna xle with 233,000 miles and never had any belt replacement. I bought it and right away had the timing belt kit put in it. Sure the belt looked worn and may have given out soon. I have put 10,000 miles on it now and its going strong still. Haven't done that much to it. Engine light has been on for like 8 months now. It goes off when i add additives for the front catalytic converter fix. It still runs ok. I just do the right thing and ignore it-lol. It doesn't have any rear brakes, maybe 10% but it stops good enough. Everything else works though. For a $2600 vehicle its a good one. Scotty Kilmer persuaded me to buy a Toyota ,so i did. He was right about them. I hope to get to the 300,000 mile mark with this one. The mechanic said the seals were not needed and didn't install them. That price included replacement of upper brackets and bolts. They were badly rusted and had to be cut off. It wasn't easy. The kit cost $461 with everything but the outer two belts and antifreeze. All the parts cost were doubled from what i could have bought them for but the mechanic would not let me buy anything. He bought them through Continental supply, his supplier. So far, so good!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts