Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
The kit you want is AISIN TKT-026 , $ 163 , from amazon. Ebay been getting a bad rap for substandard parts. Does not include the seals. Are any of your seals leaking? I changed all three seals at 168k miles when I installed the third timing belt and water pump and they were fine. However , it's one of those times that "since you are there" for a few more bucks might as well change them and not have to worry for another 100k miles. Use only genuine toyota seals.
FYI . I believe Toyota owns Denso as well Aisin which are part suppliers.

Reactions: thanwu

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
Unsolicited advice
Roader, Awesome that you mention this !
I watched many videos and read many blogs regarding what you mention here. I went ahead and purchased new bolts and a new bracket in anticipation and sure enough this was indeed one of the difficult moments in the Timing Belt renewal. One bolt completely snapped and the other I had to use a hacksaw blade to cut through. That bracket is in my home garage somewhere with a part of the bolt still in it. So I prepped for the next time by cleaning out the the holes in the bracket which widened them a tad and added anti seize inside as well as on the entire length of the bolts and threads. There was quite a bit of corrosion in the holes which added to the difficulty of removing the bolts. Ingress of moisture and water down these holes from the top of the bracket no doubt added to the corrosion process and to negate this from happening , after the install was completed , I covered all bolt head areas and any spaces where water could flow into with grease. I wont know the effectiveness of my crazy method till the next belt change. The right bolt shown here is one of those long ones , the other is behind and not shown. All greased up to prevent water from entering the bolt hole.
Grey Artifact Personal protective equipment Breastplate Metal

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
If you need the two long bolts mentioned in the link that Roader provided ( one of mine broke and one was so badly corroded I tossed it) then the part number is 90119-10766, runs about 11 bucks each , discounted. If you are unable to reuse the lower bracket due to stuck broken off bolts , or for whatever reason the part number is 1231520020. And as mentioned before some red toyota coolant. The Aisin kits will provide most of the parts needed .

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
I believe the two accessory drive belts do need to come off to do the TB job, if I'm remembering correctly, or at least the alternator belt needs to come off. I would replace them at the same time.
Good advice here! Yes they have to come off and I replaced mine when I did the belt change.
Alternator belt ...Bando 6PK1040
Steering pump...Bando 4PK 880

Reactions: BillG

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
Would these be coming from the dealer?
Yes from the dealer , but honestly I have not looked elsewhere like rockauto.
Update: I just checked amazon and they have a kit ( mount plus bolts for $36 , Dorman 917-189). Might be good to have , just in case and if not used at all then do a return. I have no experience with Dorman.
BTW , timing belt kit is Aisin TKT-026...also seen on Amazon

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
Here is a video that I watched over and over again before I tackled my first ever timing belt change on a V6 which turned out rather well. Even the most seasoned mechanic could learn a thing or two from any video regarding this. Cheers

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
For your continuing education here is another vid about the engines .

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
IIRC it took a tad over 1 gallon so I would get two , this for the timing belt only. For the leftovers drain the equivalent amount of the old coolant from the radiator and top off. Though not a complete flush at least the quality of the coolant , considering the age and mileage ,is brought back up to some degree.

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
Is there a reputable place to get this online or a solid alternative by chance? Thanks!
I get the genuine from a parts store named Parts Plus. It is like 24 bucks or so. Check if there is one near you. You could call other local parts store to see if they carry genuine toyota fluids. Parts plus carries both Honda and Toyota fluids. See if your local dealer has an online parts store and if they do chances are it will be discounted then opt for in store pickup. This is what i do for my parts purchase as my dealer is only 4 miles down the road then I don't have to pay for shipping. Sometimes the dealers offer free shipping over a certain dollar purchase amount.
PS , you don't want the pink one but the red coolant. My daughters 2014 Camry uses the pink one. Just sayin

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
Are there any special tools needed for this job
I agree with Roader. Now, if you area a seasoned technician by trade you will most likely have the necessary tools. However for me , a shady tree enthusiast I purchased three tools that specifically helped me. A heavy duty weighty 22mm socket by Lisle helped me in removing and tightening the crank bolt with a measly Sears electric impact. A chain wrench to wrap around the camshafts helped me in holding it during the process and a seal installer for the cam seals.These are the three tools which are now in my tool box for the next TB change. BTW I see videos where users wrap the cam sprockets with the the chain directly on it. I would imagine that these are tough cams but to preclude any scapes or damage I cut and use a portion of the old belt , wrap it around the cam sprocket , tape it then use then chain wrench . look how beefy
Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Tool Camera accessory Camera lens
that socket is.
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Office ruler Font

Attachments

Reactions: derpicknicker
1 - 10 of 10 Posts