Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
171 Posts
Thanks guys... Please note that these photos are not straight out of the camera. It is important to apply sharpening to any digital photograph. You can also add "pop" by boosting the contrast and saturation a bit. I use Photoshop, however there are many low cost and even free software packages that will get the job done.

The most common mistake made by photographers (including myself) is not holding the camera steady while taking the picture. The smaller and lighter the camera the more difficult it is to hold steady. It is impossible to produce a sharp photo if the camera moves during the shot.

Several techniques can be employed to mitigate the effects of camera shake. These include image stabilization (either in the camera body or the lens), increasing the shutter speed and using flash. The best way however is to use a tripod.

This shot was taken using a tripod:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25 Posts
Wow. That is some fine pic, Photoshop or not. Shots like that is what would make it all worth while and
if you print them out, those are the pics that really show your talent.
r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
Hey I am looking for a new protection dog, thinking of a komondor or newfoundland. I'd prefer a komondor it's bite is larger than it's bark if yah know what I mean. I need a protection dog to guard my work truck with 10k worth of tools while i'm at a jobsite or guard my garage/house.

I noticed someone on the forum has one. How's it like owning one from a puppy to full grown? How can you deal with the amount of coat they have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Sienna....

www.leerburg.com is my go-to dog forum. Most people there have German Shepherds, but the forum is not breed specific. You might find some helpful information there.

This is Ginger (when she was a puppy).

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
I am the one with the Komondor. The coat is really not that hard to deal with. There is no brushing at all when I had non-show Koms I would just have them shaved down in the Spring and let the coat grow out for the winter. Koms do fine in the cold but don't really like the heat. Mine pays in the house on top of the ac vent. They do great watching a house or car but be aware if you have a pickup if the can't get to the back they can't watch it. Dante has a huge bark you can feel it thru a double pane window!

You need to watch out for fleas or ticks depending on where you live. You can usually find a rescue dogs around that way you can avoid the puppy stage. They live about 11 yrs. If you want more info let me know, also let me know where you live.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
438 Posts
Steve V does take excellent and very professional pictures!

Can he recommend any particular book on Photoshop? I would love to do more with my pictures and know nothing about Photoshop. Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
171 Posts
mpv4-8 said:
Steve V does take excellent and very professional pictures!

Can he recommend any particular book on Photoshop? I would love to do more with my pictures and know nothing about Photoshop. Thanks
Thanks for the compliment MPV4-8. Excellent images can be generated with most digital photo software. Just make sure you start with a properly exposed and in-focus image.

A very good book on Photoshop is "How to Wow Photoshop for Photography" by Jack Davis & Ben Willmore.

Lynda.com offers classes and tutorials for a fee.

You Tube has many free tutorials as does the web (Google Photoshop tutorial).

Tip: If your camera supports RAW format, use it. Shooting RAW eliminates any in-camera processing and allows for greater latitude for correcting exposure and white balance.

The most important steps to producing a great photo is to add sharpening, a dab of saturation and careful cropping.

Have fun,
Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
komondor said:
I am the one with the Komondor. The coat is really not that hard to deal with. There is no brushing at all when I had non-show Koms I would just have them shaved down in the Spring and let the coat grow out for the winter. Koms do fine in the cold but don't really like the heat. Mine pays in the house on top of the ac vent. They do great watching a house or car but be aware if you have a pickup if the can't get to the back they can't watch it. Dante has a huge bark you can feel it thru a double pane window!

You need to watch out for fleas or ticks depending on where you live. You can usually find a rescue dogs around that way you can avoid the puppy stage. They live about 11 yrs. If you want more info let me know, also let me know where you live.
What do you think of a doggie backpack for a komondor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
I fully coat a backpack just would not work too much hair but I did use one for one of my Koms we shaved in the summer. Jake carried his water and when out 8 pound poodle got tired he went into one of the saddlebags. Only bad part was Jake thought nothing of bumping the saddlebags against tings so we had to be a bit careful.

if it is warm or humid at all and your Kom has a full coat like mine all he wants to do is lay on the AC vent. Dante also drinks huge amounts of water every day, probably over a gallon when it is warm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
498 Posts
Ok, I have a question... How does everyone travel with their pets in their Sienna's? By this I mean, Do you have any special ways to keep them contained or safe as you drive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
I bought a saddle bag for both koms. so far they like the packs because I usually freeze two bottles of water to put in there. Your right kom's love a/c and don't like the heat. My koms usually lay down in the 2nd row seats or 2nd row floor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
I purchased my Sienna for my dog, I used to have an MDX but it was just not big enough for his kennel and all the show stuff. Dante used to be in his kennel during trips now he just lays down in the back for around town trips. My small dog chews seat belts so he has to be held or in a kennel!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
I have a guardian dog (protection dog), it would not be helpful if I needed him to protect me if he was locked up in a cage. I prefer my dog the ability to roam anywhere in my van, very good protection against theft from hispanic male adults or black male adults trying to steal tools.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
tbalon said:
Ok, I have a question... How does everyone travel with their pets in their Sienna's? By this I mean, Do you have any special ways to keep them contained or safe as you drive?
I know this is not safe but i put "Nash" in the very back of the van. We have a harness for him and attach it to the headrest. He does not go on long trips, this is to transport him if we go out for a walk in the country ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
sienna said:
I have a guardian dog (protection dog), it would not be helpful if I needed him to protect me if he was locked up in a cage. I prefer my dog the ability to roam anywhere in my van, very good protection against theft from hispanic male adults or black male adults trying to steal tools.
How did you train him to only protect against hispanic and black males? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
If you understand dogs have a really strong sense of smell, training him is fairly easy to the scent of a specific minority group if need be. Further each minority group has a persipiration and odor signature unknown to humans but definately known to animals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
custom dog food or diets for komondors?

hey mr. komondor, any advice? I noticed both my kom's have been gaining weight steadily...would like to get the dogs off the store bought dog food.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
when they are young it is important not to have them grow too quick. food for large breed with the lowest protein, swhen they are pupies the bfood quality is pretty important Koms grow for quite a while until about 5 yrs. Not sure how much real meat you are giving your guys but quality protein is important , many times hamburger is the same price as dog food.

Once my Kom was 3 and he stopped eating so much I changed to the Costco brand of dog food he seems to do well on it. All my
koms have liked small bite food for some reason. Going against what most people say I leave food out for my dogs all the time 2 small bowls. They always eat out of the right bowl first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
I have been giving my koms a mix of yellow corn, oats, some hamburger meat but the lower fat cuts. They seem to like it, there must be some special kom reciepes as you show your dog.
 
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Top