Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else had this experience? Our 2021 Sienna XLE Plus side doors and rear door spontaneously open on random occasions, usually months apart. This morning, the driver’s side sliding door was open, in the closed garage—and was unresponsive electrically. I used the remote to lock the car and unlock the car in succession, but that door remained unresponsive. I manually closed it, and then it returned to normal operation. Three hours later I went out to the garage, and the rear door was wide open. Neither my wife nor I had bee out to the garage in between, nor had touched the remotes. This has happened four or five times in the 18 months+ Since we purchased the car. We took it to the dealer once at the 4 month point wit this experience, and they said everything was on spec!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Has any one else had this experience? Our 2021 Sienna XLE Plus ...... Three hours later I went out to the garage, and the rear door was wide open.
What is XLE Plus ? What rear door ? the sliding door ? Also, if someone leaves the sliding door open - the Sienna will kill all power to it after 60-80 minutes. You will have to push it closed manually - then it goes back to normal. I think its is safety feature. If its only you and your wife who lives in your home - maybe get a paranormal expert.....joke ! Is it always the same sliding door that opens ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is XLE Plus ? What rear door ? the sliding door ? Also, if someone leaves the sliding door open - the Sienna will kill all power to it after 60-80 minutes. You will have to push it closed manually - then it goes back to normal. I think its is safety feature. If its only you and your wife who lives in your home - maybe get a paranormal expert.....joke ! Is it always the same sliding door that opens ?
XLE Plus is a sub-model of the Sienna. Both side doors an rear deck lid are involved at various times. Not always the same door.

·
Registered
328 Posts
XLE Plus is a sub-model of the Sienna. Both side doors an rear deck lid are involved at various times. Not always the same door.
Where do you keep the car keys. Sometimes if you put it in your pocket or bag with other stuff - the buttons get pressed accidentally. So even the liftgate opens mysteriously ? I wonder if there is someone nearby who also owns a Sienna/Toyota ? Did you buy this new? Maybe the previous owner still has "toyota connect" enabled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts