Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Plywood sheet fits perfectly

36K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rhughey2 
#1 ·
Hi,

I had searched for this, and didn't find an answer.

A standard 4x8 sheet of plywood fits perfectly in my 2009 Sienna cargo area.

Remove row 2&3 and it will iie flat, and just fit, without impinging on the humps
around the rear wheel wells, or rear door lip.

Hope that helps!

#2 ·
Yep, it accommodates a 4x8 sheet of plywood/drywall/whatever better than anything short of a full size pickup truck, which means better than virtually all the oh-so-popular shortbed (toy) trucks you see out there. It is no accident, I'm sure Toyota specifically designed it that way.

#4 ·
Being able to fit a full sheet was a major consideration when I moved from my Ford Club Wagon (full size E-150) to my '04 Sienna. Four weeks after taking delivery I came across a great deal on 1/2" cherry plywood, so I bought ten sheets. I had the cart out to van before I realized I still had the middle seats installed. Which is when the downpour started. Buckets of rain are not kind to cherry veneer. Folded the seat backs, loaded everything on top. Tail gate would not close, so I moved the front seats as far forward as possible. Still not enough, so I tied the gate down, still had a opening of about a foot. Driving home, chest against the steering wheel, knees folded up to my ears, I discovered that leaving the tail gate open sucks exhaust into the cabin. Made it home with ventilation on high and windows open in the rain. I really missed my big Ford that night.

Checking the fit in better circumstances, I found that a single full 4x8 sheet will fit, but it has to go a bit under the front seat. The seat frame limits the height, so you can only have a stack of about 1.5-2 inches.

I've since purchased a small folding trailer and plan my purchases more carefully.

#5 ·
I checked this forum about "if a 4'x 8'sheet of plywood would fit in my 2013 Sienna XLE"? The answer is YES (with a couple of caveats).
Caveat #1: An obvious one, 2nd row seats must be remove(a potentially back injury producing act). AND the front seats should be pushed as far forward as comfortably possible.
Caveat #2: The floor must be clear of the grand children's toys and a few of my hand tools.

The rear door did "close and lock", but the indicators warned that the door wasn't completely closed... A short 10 minute trip to Lowes (building supplies), and back to our property. Removal and replacing seats 10min., Overall 30 minutes.
We are proud of the design and reliability the Sienna offers, BUT Chryslers' Sto & Go feature routinely eats our lunch, AND saves our backs.
Toyota Brain Trust: Tokyo to Detroit is a short hump via Kentucky. 10 wheel barrels of cash and a 2 percent licensing agreement for the "Sto & Go" design - YOU WILL OWN the minivan market. Add $8k -$10k to the price of an "overpriced" 2025 Sienna XLE, and no one will mind the "back saving" upcharge. To all the nay sayer's about the 2nd row seat in the Chrysler, I'd argue they could be a little more comfortable, (I spent 10 hours in that seat from Savannah, GA to Detroit, MI), and I walked away wondering that could have been better but... Objectively, the road noise (Hankook tires vs. Michelin), on the LOADED Dodge Caravan. I test drove the Chrysler Pacifica and said NOBODY'S MINIVAN IS WORTH $53,000.! Which is how I purchased a 2013 Sienna from the Lexus Dealership.
I haven't checked the current prices on the Sienna XLE, but if its more than $40K., it'll dry rot on the dealers lot!

R. Hughey, 2013 Sienna XLE owner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.