Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Mike. I’ve seen this one. I’m looking for someone who has actually installed one.
I did it! The install was a bit strange, and nothing seemed it would fit, to be honest. But WOW, I love it. One rod would be enough but with two it's rock solid. Bought mine on amazon for the free shipping.
Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pics pretty please!

-Mike
Hey, sorry for the delay, I took the photos a few days ago, and now it seems some are missing. But I can post two photos.
The first is the hood attachment. What your looking at is two drill holes that have had a small bracket riveted into them.

Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

This is the bottom attachment, very easy, remove 10mm bolt, replace with provided part.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Hood Tire

The funny thing is the new bracket on the hood attachment sticks out a bit from under the hood and looks like it's going to hit the body. I held the part up and thought 'on man this isn't going to work'.
In the instructions, the hood they use has flat sections under the hood where the rivets go. Another 'this isn't going to work'.
But in the end, I figured I'd just go for it, and low and behold it all worked out fine.
I have a video of it opening too, but not really sure how to post that here, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts