Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Funny you should mention this... I actually looked into (online only) the kit a week or so ago. It looks easy enough to install (drilling a few holes and adding some rivets) and the price isn't out of line, but I have to go back to my dad's always the same question whenever I proposed a potential vehicle modification to him... "what problem are you trying to solve?" My hood prop works fine and I have no issues with using two hands for the hood even though I like the strut lifts in my VWs.

With regards to the kit specifically, my only concern was side access. I did not look exactly where the arms would be and what would be blocked by them. I also wondered what I would do with the prop rod? Leave it in or take it out? If leave it in, I would still need to move it to add washer fluid, a fairly frequent occurrence. If take it out, would I lose it before I needed it again (say I had to remove a strut for access or something)? For me... probably.

So... I decided against the kit as much as I like modifications and the idea of a strut lifted hood.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hah! Yes, one hand to hold hood, second hand to fit prop rod in place. Two hands total required to get the hood into a position that it will stay up on it's own.

Here's the kit I found. I know nothing about it other than what's on the webpage.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts