Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Poll: Would You Buy a 2021 Sienna Again?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll: Would You Buy a 2021 Sienna Again?

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I voted no and just barely. I would like a little more power under the hood. I wish Toyota had used the Lexus RH350 hybrid engine (308 horsepower). My no vote comes from the lack of plushness of the seats and arm rest. The second row seats are pretty narrow too. My old 2009 XLE seemed to have plenty of this and room to spare. The audio system could be better too along with the RES. The navigation interface seems slow and not well organized.

I had my 2009 for 12 years and 280K miles with virtually no complaints. I know the 2021 is a great vehicle, hands down, and maybe they just don't build them ('09ers) like that anymore. I am glad I bought the 2021, but I would have easily bought 2009 multiple times over.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Six weeks, 5K miles, so far no reportable disappointments. My main regret remains that I didn't pull the plug on the silly CRV a few months earlier; could have gotten a Sienna a little cheaper last winter

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, because of the alternatives.

Highlander hybrid is not nearly as spacious, and wife didn’t like how everyone in the carpool line has a Highlander (or Tahoe or Yukon).

Odyssey simply gets poor mpg.

I’m not going to plunk down this kind of cash for a brand new Kia MPV with no track record of reliability.

Frankly I wouldn’t even consider the Chrysler attempt at a van.

So when compared to its alternatives, the Sienna looks pretty awesome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally wanted a 2018, wife insisted we do a 2021 since prices were not all that much different…. And I’m glad we got the 2021. Would definitely recommend it over the prev gen.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited • Predawn Mica Gray
34 Posts
Yes! And this is my first post here.
  • Love the MPG. Vehicle says that my lifetime MPG is 31.3, but it's because the Sienna is my primary commuting car (30 miles each way), and I drive fast when I'm alone in the car.
  • Love the WiFi. I do some work inside the car using my notebook computer, so this is super handy. Also, I set up a portable monitor with Chromecast and headrest mount, so I now have an entertainment system for about $250.
  • Like the disappearing 3rd row, but like @UTChE96 said, I hate that it doesn't lock in place. Once when I hit a bump, the seat popped right up and hit the second row seat.
  • Like the extra space, but I always seem to run out of room. How? Why??

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
  • I should say, 31.3 mpg is still very good for a behemoth of this size
  • The WiF is great. My phone is Verizon, while Mr. Sparkollz has AT&T, which increases the chance of getting a decent signal in rural areas.
  • A bungee cord fixes that, fortunately.
  • There definitely is a law of nature (corollary to the Parkinson's Law), 'Stuff will occupy all the space, allocated to it, regardless of the amount of stuff or the dimensions of the space'.

Reactions: onstar

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited • Predawn Mica Gray
34 Posts
  • My phone is Verizon, while Mr. Sparkollz has AT&T, which increases the chance of getting a decent signal in rural areas.
  • A bungee cord fixes that, fortunately
Ditto on Verizon and AT&T. Even in Urban areas, nice to have a backup for Network outages. And I guess I'll go buy a bungee cord now. Still think it's stupid that it doesn't stay put without a bungee cord.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I voted yes for the utility and fuel economy. It's a ridiculous combination. I have friends griping about the price of gas and I couldn't care less. Yesterday, I filled at a high priced station and it cost me $53. For that money, I'm good for about a month of driving. I can live with that.

I watched some videos of the new Grand Wagoneer that's coming out. It looks good and has loads of tech, but then you get to the EPA ratings...13 mpg city! There is no way I could tolerate that now, after owning this Sienna. It's not just the cost, it's also the convenience of rarely having to think about filling it.

My one complaint is the driver's seat. After a few hours, my lower back starts barking no matter how I set the lumbar support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not yet, since my Sienna still works fine and I am planning to modify it to keep it in the long run. I don't switch cars or buy a new one if it is not necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only major disappointment is the third row seats have no locking mechanism in the stowed position. Just a bizarre and unforgivable oversight.
Can you explain why it’s a problem? (I’m hoping to find one, but still shopping) Are they rattling?
ETA: I saw the pop up over bumps problem after posting. I’d still like to know if they rattle while in position.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Can you explain why it’s a problem? (I’m hoping to find one, but still shopping) Are they rattling?
ETA: I saw the pop up over bumps problem after posting. I’d still like to know if they rattle while in position.
They don't rattle. In general, the car is very quiet. And the rear seats will stay down unless you drive over speed bumps and such.

Some drivers, including myself, used a bungee cord to hold the 3rd row down.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts