Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Poll: Would You Buy a 2021 Sienna Again?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can you explain why it’s a problem? (I’m hoping to find one, but still shopping) Are they rattling?
ETA: I saw the pop up over bumps problem after posting. I’d still like to know if they rattle while in position.
No rattling, just popping up. Just disappointing that such a basic and obvious thing was missed. I would not call it a show stopper but it would be enough of an issue to make me wait for a 2022 (if I was looking for a new vehicle).

·
Registered
228 Posts
It really bothers some people. I don’t it at all. They're slightly unflat and putting a liner over them works great. No issues for us
Yeah it’s a non issue at all for us. Whenever we have the third row folded flat there is a mat or something else on top they mitigates the issue. The rest of the time we roll with the third row up because the far back storage area is more practical with them up.

·
Registered
562 Posts
It will be very rare that the third row seats in our van will be out of the storage position. I tossed a piece of spare peg board over the uneven seat area carpet lumps and bumps, put my quilted water resistant "pet liner" over that, nothing bounces, no rattles no bungies and stuff slides in and out easily with no ridges, no beach sand into the crevices. We throw a few plastic tubs in the back to haul groceries. All is good. Would I trade off phenomenal mpgs for a perfectly flat seat storage on the 3rd row.....heck no.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm sure this is an issue for one, me. The gaps when the rear seats are down are an annoyance. I haul my trash can and my 92 years old neighbor's down to the street. We share a long steep driveway. The wheels on the cans get stuck in the gaps and, if the can is heavy, are a pain to move. In my previous Pacifica, this process was much easier. Still, the luxury of driving 600 miles on a tank is king. The range exceeds almost any gas or EV in existence and that's enough for me to overlook any shortcomings.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited • Predawn Mica Gray
36 Posts
Can you explain why it’s a problem?
Once when I hit a big bump, the left side 3rd row seat popped up and hit the 2nd row seat. Most of the time though, I have something on top of the folded 3rd row seats, so this is not a problem.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I'm sure this is an issue for one, me. The gaps when the rear seats are down are an annoyance. I haul my trash can and my 92 years old neighbor's down to the street. We share a long steep driveway. The wheels on the cans get stuck in the gaps and, if the can is heavy, are a pain to move. In my previous Pacifica, this process was much easier. Still, the luxury of driving 600 miles on a tank is king. The range exceeds almost any gas or EV in existence and that's enough for me to overlook any shortcomings.
I, too, carry wheeled things in the back al the time (rolling toolboxes or bikes - not trash cans, though). I use an oil absorption mat to avoid staining the "floor", which also seems to mitigate the gap problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I vote no.

1. Power while adequate for everyday use. But climbing grapevine in and out of LA with 6-7 passengers is just weak. The 4banger just way too loud and coarse.

2. the interior height decrease gives the van much tighter feeling.

3. 3rd row bench in terms of width, depth are totally inadequate for adult now.

Bought van main purpose was people mover when family comes to visit. The new sienna regression made its main function for me a much worse situation.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think many people are answering this question in a hypothetical vacuum. No vehicle purchase is a made in a vacuum. What were/are your other options?

When presented with those same options and alternatives would you purchase the Sienna again? Or would you be complaining on another vehicle’s forum about its shortcomings?

There has never been a better time to sell a used car. For those of you who are unhappy, life is short and it’s just a van - sell it and buy something that will make you happy.

Just a hint though — if you’re looking for a fuel efficient people mover, you may end up right back here.

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I made the question pretty broad but added the last part, ‘again’, to hopefully understand how people really felt about this Sienna. I do like the van especially given all the alternatives. Now, call me crazy but I would have bought a 2009 over and over again, no questions asked.

I have a 2012 Highlander but I wouldn’t buy it again. Great car but just doesn’t do much for me. Now, I love my 2006 Highlander, and after given up my ‘09er Sienna, I don’t think I will let go of my 06 Highlander any time soon. I have told my daughter that I will buy it back from her after she graduates college.

For me the perfect blend would have been the 2021 Sienna exterior the plushness of the ‘09er interior. I like the look of the 2021 interior so just specially want it to be more plush.

We did debate going with another Sienna or getting another Highlander. Ultimately, it came down to having the whole family (five of us) all in one car and enjoying each other. And for how important that was to me and to the rest of the family, we would buy another Sienna easily hands down…but maybe just not the 2021.😉

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
424 Posts
I would buy it again if we're still in need of a minivan, at least until something better comes along lol. Right there with you on the 'given the alternatives' as nothing touches the utility + efficiency of this vehicle as a daily driving, family hauling, road tripping, and weekend DIYing vehicle.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I call it my covered truck and give my neighbor crap about him hauling stuff long distance in the rain and his crappy gas mileage in his new 2021 Chevy Silverado that he paid over 65K for. I got the LE and a better deal all the way around and could haul 8 people if needed.......In my humble opinion of course.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I call it my covered truck and give my neighbor crap about him hauling stuff long distance in the rain and his crappy gas mileage in his new 2021 Chevy Silverado that he paid over 65K for. I got the LE and a better deal all the way around and could haul 8 people if needed.......In my humble opinion of course.
We briefly had an 6-seater F-150, which was a nice vehicle to have, but not the same level of versatility as Mr. Sparkollz for our needs.

Besides, these days if you want a truck with AWD, 6 seats and some creature comforts, that's $50K+ right there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yep.. the gas mileage is DOUBLE of our previous generation 2014 Sienna AWD. We get 32 mpg instead of 16mpg (we do alot of in town) in our driving. Thats $1,500 a year in gas savings at $3 a gallon. $7,500 over 5 years.. depending on how gas prices go.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, because of the alternatives.

Highlander hybrid is not nearly as spacious, and wife didn’t like how everyone in the carpool line has a Highlander (or Tahoe or Yukon).

Odyssey simply gets poor mpg.

I’m not going to plunk down this kind of cash for a brand new Kia MPV with no track record of reliability.

Frankly I wouldn’t even consider the Chrysler attempt at a van.

So when compared to its alternatives, the Sienna looks pretty awesome.
The highlander 3rd row is nearly useless for any kids over age of 12? , the space behind is very lacking.
The other vans on the market still get the same crappy 15 to 18mpg in town in my driving. Sienna I always get about 32mpg. None of them have all wheel drive, except Pacifica. That only has it in non hybrid.

I can't believe Kia's all new minivan still stuck on the same old gas mileage ratings of nearly 15 years ago... 18 and 27? Lol

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The new Sienna looks so much better than the Lexus LM. LM does have a nice ‘family’ configuration.

·
Super Moderator
343 Posts
The front grille on the Lexus LM, wow, that's too much for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Probably not, the seats are terrible. It’s a shame because I love everything else about it. I’m averaging 40MPG and the interior space is great. I’ll be looking for options to replace the front seats soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Probably not, the seats are terrible. It’s a shame because I love everything else about it. I’m averaging 40MPG and the interior space is great. I’ll be looking for options to replace the front seats soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess because my wife and I are both of small stature, we found the seats to be very comfortable!

·
Registered
90 Posts
if the inventory isn’t so tight with the carnival SX prestige.

I would have switched to Carnival. It’s just so much better in terms of feature, power, especially the interior.

But I can’t find any dealer willing to do MSRP and cheapest one I could find for SX prestige was $8k above MSRP.

So we ended up getting another Sienna (platinum) at $500 off MSRP.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts