Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Sienna Platinum AWD, has about 18,500 miles on it. I purchased it December of last year.

I have noticed recently that when I am breaking, occasionally as I’m breaking there’s a sudden jolt, or lurch, forward like the car is accelerating a little bit and I was told by a Toyota technician this is just how hybrids feel. It’s a little disconcerting, and I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. I’ve owned a Prius in the past and don’t remember this sensation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had the same thing happen a few times. Also, when sitting at a light with my foot on the brake the car will lurch forward slightly. no change in pressure on the brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
760 Posts
I guess I lucked out.. I got my XLE in February and have never experinced any odd behavior of the brakes.

·
Registered
2018 XLE AWD
381 Posts
With a new van, I certainly hope it's not "breaking".

Now, "braking", on the other hand, is a different situation.

(Sorry, just had to do it.)

·
Registered
544 Posts
With a new van, I certainly hope it's not "breaking".

Now, "braking", on the other hand, is a different situation.

(Sorry, just had to do it.)

Ha, some think the braking is broke and was breaking at the time of the braking. Just my 3 cents. 😂. Maybe a rogue spell checker auto correct that broke the braking.

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
128 Posts
I thought I was getting used to the braking, but it did it to me again last week. I had to suddenly increase brake pedal pressure to keep the vehicle decelerating as I expected. no harm done so far but it is pretty disconcerting.

·
Registered
'11 Limited FWD
173 Posts
I noticed this in a Chevy volt that I drove a lot. Pretty sure it was the regenerative braking kicking out as I came to a stop, and it felt like the car surged forward as that part of the braking effect was lost. It was only noticeable in a certain braking range…. under hard braking the effect was overwhelmed by the manual brakes, and under extremely gentle braking it never really had a chance to be noticed. On a scale of 1 to 10 it only happened around maybe level 3 braking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts