Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone comment with knowledge or experience with an inoperable power sun/moon roof? The dealership claims that 'as an accessory' it's not covered under the Toyota Extended Care Plan, and that the switch can't be fixed. The unit must be replaced in it's entirety. The first cost estimate we were given was $3800. When we declined, they offered for $2500. I would rather forgo the use of it, but am curious to know why the offending component (suspect the switch) can't be replaced or fixed for a fraction of the price?

Comments appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@steve Rockford- Thanks for the link. I bought the warranty in 2012, and I'm not sure if, back then there was any differentiation in plans ie- Platinum or Gold. As far as I remember, there was just one ECP, but I'll investigate. According to what you posted, it's not in the exclusions, while numerous individual parts of the 'power sliding roof' are covered. I think the Dealership may be mis-informed, unless my specific warranty from 2012 is not the same as that.

Thanks for the input

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,340 Posts
There are some exclusions on 'body hardware', and I once heard that a damaged track and leaking rubber seals fell into that category. So it could get a little dicey depending on the nature of the fail. If in doubt, approach another dealer, or call Toyota Customer Service and ask for a referral to a dealer that will render an objective opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@ fibber2- Thanks, I'll do both of those things. Does it matter if the Dealership I brought it to was not the Dealership at which it was purchased?
I've had pretty good response from Toyota Canada in the past when at odds with the Dealership over troubleshooting a perceived problem, but in the end, the issue was never resolved, and I didn't have the gumption to see it through. They outlasted me (and I've just come to accept that the fuel control ECU is poorly trimmed due to a poor program, probably on all Siennas, but the dealership wouldn't change out my ECU because there was no fault code).
I've always felt the engine pulls way too hard against the brakes when my foot is off the throttle. It feels as if, for lack of a better analogy, that the choke is stuck on, or the high speed idle jets are turned too high (the ECU version of that ;)

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,340 Posts
There was a time when Ford locked you into getting warranty work only from the selling dealer (within a 50 mile range). I had to petition to be allowed a 'transfer' to another dealer 5 miles away. But that was eons ago. Call around. Someone will take your case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts