Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on 2018 Sienna XLE.
The interesting thing with mine... the issue popped up with growing frequency on one door, then about 3 weeks later, the same issue on the other door!

When I switch it into manual mode it feels like it is getting harder to push when the door is about 6 inches from closing, but I can't figure why it is getting snagged. When in auto mode, the doors get hung up around 3 inches from latching, then reverse. HELP ANYONE PLEASE

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2006 Sienna and the sliding door on the passenger side stopped working. I noticed there are multiple failure possibilities so I thought I would ask to be pointed in the right direction.

The vehicle info and symptoms are as follows:

2006 Toyota Sienna. Power door is only on passenger side—only one power door. Driver's side is manual.

The passenger door OPENS electronically as usual. The keyfob, the button over the driver's head, inside handle, outside handle, and button by the door all operate as usual. The door opens all the way.

However, the door will not CLOSE using any buttons, keyfob, or handles. I have to manually close the door.

When the door is open and the handle is pulled, or any button is pushed, there is NO audible sound and the door does not move at all. It doesn’t even “try” to move---just nothing.

Also, if the door is actually moving and opening, a pull on the handle or button push causes the door to STOP but it does not reverse direction. It just stops.

Finally if I am manually closing the door, and I stop and then push the door towards the open position, the mechanism engages and will open the door.

All locks work as usual using the keys, the key fob and the autolock buttons.

To recap:
When door is CLOSED: all buttons, key fob, handles work to OPEN the door automatically.
When door is OPEN: all buttons, handles, key fob DO NOT work---door only closes manually.

If there is a thread or fix on this already, please point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated.Thx.
I haven't, in reading all of this, heard if anyone has checked the internal DC motor for natural old wear (and worn brushes), that your older motor is creating the resistance plus does not generate the necessary power and torque to push/pull that heavy door anymore. Try replacing that old codger of a motor with a new one! Some of you all that I have read have motors that are over 16 years old...

· Registered
6 Posts
I haven't, in reading all of this, heard if anyone has checked the internal DC motor for natural old wear (and worn brushes), that your older motor is creating the resistance plus does not generate the necessary power and torque to push/pull that heavy door anymore. Try replacing that old codger of a motor with a new one! Some of you all that I have read have motors that are over 16 years old...
did anyone try this???
i have the same issue with a 2008 sienna on the passenger side (driver side is manual)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts