Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have read the post on prices paid in the US and see about 7% off MSRP. I am wondering what I can expect in Canada compared to prices on Toyota.ca. Anybody has purchased and could give me an idea of difference vs MSRP?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't purchased yet, but based on my own research in the GTA, most dealers are selling at MSRP. A few dealers will offer $500 to $1000 off MSRP on a factory order, and someone on board posted they got $1700 off.

Others parts of Canada are mostly selling at MSRP.

If a dealer offered me a $2000 discount, I would take it right away. However, I will likely end up paying more when I purchase in Q2.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ended up ordering in NL at full MSRP. However, I'm told 4 to 5 months so I can take advantage of any discounts (if any) when it arrives. Price was non-negotiable

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ended up ordering in NL at full MSRP. However, I'm told 4 to 5 months so I can take advantage of any discounts (if any) when it arrives. Price was non-negotiable
4-5 months wait is atrocious, especially paying MSRP! I am looking to buy in Fall 2021 (sept-Oct), hopefully should be able have my pick of available inventory and a better shot at negotiating a couple of grand off of MSRP.

·
Registered
39 Posts
4-5 months wait is atrocious, especially paying MSRP! I am looking to buy in Fall 2021 (sept-Oct), hopefully should be able have my pick of available inventory and a better shot at negotiating a couple of grand off of MSRP.
Yeah it's pretty unfortunate, however timing is great for me. I have 4 months left on my lease so it should work out. I had no intention on ordering when I popped in to see the new sienna, but once I was told about the wait, I ordered to ensure its here by the time I need it. On the money side of it, demand is high here, with no inventory so they can basically do what they like. I'm just hoping that the situation will change by the time it gets here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figure I would contribute my data point as well. Ended up 1K below toyota.ca price on an AWD limited ordered last month. Should receive it around the end of March. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I paid MSRP on a XSE, but got them to throw in winter wheels/tires and cross bars, which I valued at 2K.
This was on a factory order in late December , which I received in late January.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put a deposit down on a white XSE with tech package in the beginning of December. The salesman said the only XSE that he knows is coming is in April and it's in grey. He doesn't have any other details on allocation. God knows when the one I want will be in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a deposit down on a white XSE with tech package in the beginning of December. The salesman said the only XSE that he knows is coming is in April and it's in grey. He doesn't have any other details on allocation. God knows when the one I want will be in.
Where in Canada are you? In the GTA I've seen a number of XSE in dealer inventory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where in Canada are you? In the GTA I've seen a number of XSE in dealer inventory.
I'm in Vancouver and there's no XSE's available from what I can see. So sad.

EDIT: Are there any Vancouverites here? Which trim did you get? What was your buying experience like?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a white xse tech package in Victoria. Got lucky when I went to order as they called the next day to say it was on route to the dealer. Paid Msrp minus 500.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in Vancouver and there's no XSE's available from what I can see. So sad.

EDIT: Is there any Vancouverites here? Which trim did you get? What was your buying experience like?
Eisen, I just checked autotrader and it shows a white XSE with tech in Richmond.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my AWD XLE for $1k off, and it took about 6 weeks to arrive.
According to Unhaggle I paid too much, but they couldn’t find a better deal In the GTA. I thought I deserved better after buying 5 cars from the local dealer over decades but they wouldn’t budge. Seems I was lucky to get that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my AWD XLE for $1k off, and it took about 6 weeks to arrive.
According to Unhaggle I paid too much, but they couldn’t find a better deal In the GTA. I thought I deserved better after buying 5 cars from the local dealer over decades but they wouldn’t budge. Seems I was lucky to get that.
Hi, I just looked at Unhaggle (didn't know it existed). I am kind of wondering how they get their data. They are showing close to 3K off of a Limited and 2K off of a XLE in my region, and nobody on this forum in Canada seems to have gotten anything close to that...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, I just looked at Unhaggle (didn't know it existed). I am kind of wondering how they get their data. They are showing close to 3K off of a Limited and 2K off of a XLE in my region, and nobody on this forum in Canada seems to have gotten anything close to that...
Kind of like Car Cost Canada and they got their data from this company Armada Data Corporation. Check out their FAQ, they can help you with the deal or you can just take the data and go to the dealer and try to make the deal yourself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts