Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just purchased 2008 Sienna and have not been able to program the homelink garage door opener.

I have a dinosaur Stanley AT401 A07 garage door unit. The remote has been missing for years. Luckily we previously had programmed our Lexus to open the unit.

Just tried maybe 10 times last night to program the sienna using the instructions and youtube videos. I was unable to get this to work.

I press "learn" on unit, run back to the sienna and while in accessory mode, I press the homelink button 2-3 times.

Anyone else have this issue? It may be my door opener signal that is lacking here...

·
Super Moderator
4,458 Posts
If you do a site-wide search you should find multiple threads on homelink issues. It can be frustrating.

One item I found with Genie systems is that they only hold a handful of remote codes in memory, and then reject all new attempts to add more. You'll have to find the booklet on your Stanley to see if it has this limitation, and how to clear the memory to start fresh.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I ran into the same thing you did, and gave up. I clipped the Genie remote to the visor, and the problem is solved, although without much elegance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that is one of the video's I tried. I ordered a replacement garage door remote opener so I can at least open my garage door with something. If i can't program that, then I'm replacing the garage door opener altogether.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received a new remote in the mail yesterday. I was able to program that rather quickly. I then used the remote to program the sienna using the directions in the manual.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another thing to be aware of when having difficulties is that the lights in the overhead Homelink display can burn out, so it becomes impossible to see when any learning is completed (i.e. no blinking lights).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts