Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently completed this upgrade on my 2016 LE. By the way, thanks pigpork for your instructions. Anyway on my 2016 LE the wires complete with the connector were already there on the passenger side near where the motor goes. I just had to run two wires over to the drivers side. The blue pug for the switch was also existing behind the blank where the switch goes. I purchased the switch from the dealer, plugged it in and everything worked perfectly. The switch part number for this van is 84835-08060. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@nuskfc -

Did you ever find a place to purchase the motor connector? I'm running into the same issue with not having the driver's side pre-wired. Any help on how you solved this would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wondering is quarter panel interior plastic is is the same? Or something has to be cut out ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got an 2015 Sienna SE and this mod will be the life of me if I can make this happen. I have seen people say that it was done on the 2015+ SE but can anyone provide any details? @pigpork!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need this for my 2015 LE Sienna

2015 +up sienna don't have the plug anymore, have to run two wires from the driver kick panel to the back, 2015 + switch is blue light inside the switch so it's different parts number, I did this on my friend's 2015 SE model just need two wire and two connector, I will upload some picture when i have time and share the parts number for switch on 2015+ sienna later when i have time.
If you have time please do a write up with pictures, especially with the electrical part(I'm not an electrician or a mechanic). I was so excited about this!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thank pigpork, spent sometime this morning and found the 2pins to connect to from the switch to get power to the motors!!!! The red and yellow connection right in the middle of the connector.
thanks for this, it was really helpful. I ended up tracing the wires to the kick panel and tapping in there, like so

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I used a battery booster pack to test the motors after they were installed. 12v to the red wire and ground to the yellow closes the window; reversing it (12v to yellow and ground to red) opens the window

driver side:

passenger side:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Forgot to mention, this is on a '17 SE - I tried using a toner/tracer to see if any of the wires were present in the back but I couldn't find anything... I could have tried removing the door sills to try and trace the wiring through the loom, but it was faster just to run new wires.

Here's a pic of the work in progress, had everything all wired up and ready to test, before tucking the wiring in the headliner and reinstalling the panels.

one problem I ran into is that I broke off the tabs for the two cargo net hangers, so now they won't stay in... not a big deal though

special thanks to @pigpork and @kha630 for their contribution here

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Man...so did the only 2015+ SE get shafted for the harness plug then? If your 2016 LE still have the passenger side harness. Weird they would make that product change for SE only and carry more SKUs for harness’.

I recently completed this upgrade on my 2016 LE. By the way, thanks pigpork for your instructions. Anyway on my 2016 LE the wires complete with the connector were already there on the passenger side near where the motor goes. I just had to run two wires over to the drivers side. The blue pug for the switch was also existing behind the blank where the switch goes. I purchased the switch from the dealer, plugged it in and everything worked perfectly. The switch part number for this van is 84835-08060. Thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just telling the wife that the higher model Sienna can adjust those windows automatically and then I read about this, cool. Thanks, I at least kno that one day if I want it auto I can, thanks. I still wished they would of made the SE the premium premium version though with all this and that. Awd, lounge seats in the middle, hid, etc all that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Once I find some plugs off a Gen2, I plan on doing the retro on my 2015 SE. will tap the wires at kick panel and probably run it along floor. May go up B pillar and tuck under headliner but I think there is a curtain airbag to work around. Will have detailed photos once I do it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man I'm going to have to figure out how to wire my base model for this upgrade maybe hard wire it when i do my sounds upgrade

121 - 140 of 157 Posts