Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the unfortunate need to have my rear hatch replaced. This was from an issue on delivery, requiring replacement. The problem is the alignment of the door after replacement. The gaps are horrific! I am now currently fighting with the body shop over this, as they’re claiming it’s within spec. I’m calling BS on that. Can anyone point me in the direction to where I might find these specs? Also a HUGE plus (not to mention my undying gratitude) would be if someone could shoot a quick picture of what it SHOULD look like. Sadly, there are none anywhere for me to find on a lot where I could take them myself!

Thanks very much!
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Vehicle Car Grille Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Hood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille

·
Registered
64 Posts
So I had the unfortunate need to have my rear hatch replaced. This was from an issue on delivery, requiring replacement. The problem is the alignment of the door after replacement. The gaps are horrific! I am now currently fighting with the body shop over this, as they’re claiming it’s within spec. I’m calling BS on that. Can anyone point me in the direction to where I might find these specs? Also a HUGE plus (not to mention my undying gratitude) would be if someone could shoot a quick picture of what it SHOULD look like. Sadly, there are none anywhere for me to find on a lot where I could take them myself!

Thanks very much! View attachment 57747
View attachment 57749 View attachment 57745 View attachment 57746 View attachment 57747 View attachment 57748 View attachment 57749 View attachment 57745 View attachment 57745 View attachment 57746 View attachment 57747 View attachment 57748 View attachment 57749
View attachment 57748
View attachment 57746
View attachment 57745
Not sure if you want to hear this...but i think my gaps on tge rear are similar to yours. Ill take some pictures for you to compare soon

·
Registered
22 Sienna XLE+ FWD, 22 Tesla Model Y LR
86 Posts
It's funny how people make such a big deal about Tesla's panel gaps. I have a 2022 Model Y and the panel gaps are tighter than the hatch on my brand new Sienna.

·
Registered
240 Posts
my rear gate gaps are horrible, but its been my experience with every single sienna I see in the wild for the gen4's that they are horrible. the left side gap is less than 1/8th of an inch, and the right side gap is like 1/2 an inch. the gate also physically is riding below the roof line on the right side by a bit, and dead level with the roof line on the left, so my gate is physically tilted. the right side sits in much further than the left, and it doesn't close as nicely as it should

1 - 8 of 8 Posts