Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m buying 4 Gloss Black rims/wheels online; the company selling them is offering a Wheel Installation Kit, that includes black nuts, black tire valves, etc.

Do I need the Wheel Installation Kit?

The rims/wheels I’m buying are hub centric with the following specs:

18 inches x 7.5” width
Offset: 35
Center Bore: 60.1
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 114.3
Colour - Gloss Black

My assumption is I don’t need the kit given the my new wheel specs are almost identical to OEM, but any advice/recommendations are much appreciated!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
134 Posts
It sounds like the main purpose of the wheel installation kit is to have matching black valve stems and lug nuts. Otherwise you would need to use the OEM silver/chrome parts. In addition, if the valve stems are swapped from the OEM wheels, you also should replace the o-rings to prevent leaks. The o-rings are probably included in the installation kit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like the main purpose of the wheel installation kit is to have matching black valve stems and lug nuts. Otherwise you would need to use the OEM silver/chrome parts. In addition, if the valve stems are swapped from the OEM wheels, you also should replace the o-rings to prevent leaks. The o-rings are probably included in the installation kit.
Thanks for the input and makes sense!

I definitely want Black lug nuts to match the wheel colours, and was hoping I could get OEM Toyota ones during the install process (Toyota dealership is doing the install for me.)

The installation kit is 70$, but I might as well get it just to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,464 Posts
Enlighten me. Are you buying Toyota OEM wheels, or aftermarket?

Toyota generally uses flat washer style lugs with oversized holes on the rims. Many other car makers and most aftermarket rims have lug nut holes that are barely larger than the studs, and use conical or taper seat lug nuts. So if you don't get nuts to match the wheels, you're going to have a mess on your hands.

So what does your Gen-4 Sienna use, and what are you buying??

Do you intend to move your TPMS sensors to the new wheels, or get new ones? Will you be using both set of wheels?

Reactions: GTA_Toyota

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’m buying 4 Gloss Black rims/wheels online; the company selling them is offering a Wheel Installation Kit, that includes black nuts, black tire valves, etc.

18 inches x 7.5” width
Colour - Gloss Black

My assumption is I don’t need the kit given the my new wheel specs are almost identical to OEM, but any advice/recommendations are much appreciated!
Just to be clear Sienna Platinum AWD has 40mm offset. Rest everything is same.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Enlighten me. Are you buying Toyota OEM wheels, or aftermarket?

Toyota generally uses flat washer style lugs with oversized holes on the rims. Many other car makers and most aftermarket rims have lug nut holes that are barely larger than the studs, and use conical or taper seat lug nuts. So if you don't get nuts to match the wheels, you're going to have a mess on your hands.

So what does your Gen-4 Sienna use, and what are you buying??

Do you intend to move your TPMS sensors to the new wheels, or get new ones? Will you be using both set of wheels?
I’m going with aftermarket rims that are very close to OEM specs (I have a XSE Technology AWD, that comes with 18 inch rims.) I’m migrating the the existing tires and TPMS sensors to the new rims.

My Toyota dealership is doing the work (same pricing as independent shops, but Toyota feels comfortable with migrating the TPMS sensors whereas other shops wanted me to buy new, rubber ones.)

I’m not certain on the existing lug nut specs. My after market rims are Toyota/Lexus replicas, hub centric, and described as exact fit and comparible with existing hardware. However the existing nuts are chrome, and since my new rims are black, it makes sense to get the kit (comes with black hardware, including the lug nuts)

The kit is 60$, so to avoid any complications and to get the desired look, will purchase it. Thanks for the input! I’ll post a pic once it’s done.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

18 inches x 7.5” width
Colour - Gloss Black

To circle back, I did purchase the Wheel Installation Kit as I wanted black lug nuts.

I posted pictures of my new wheels in the other thread, and here is the link:

Thank you all for your input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts