Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Looking to buy 2013 LE from out of state, and one minor detail is throwing me off and I hope the knowledge here can clear it up. The owner claims the backup camera screen is integrated into the rearview mirror, so I asked them if it was an aftermarket setup and they said no it came like this from the factory. Are you aware of such a setup? I thought the display for the backup camera is integrated in the small LCD screen and not the rearview mirror.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can check out the online brochure to verify but many vehicles have this setup from the factory. The 2020 Toyota 86 still has it in the rear view mirror. It's small but I kind of like it there.

·
Super Moderator
4,738 Posts
We almost bought a 2011 LE and looked at several. All had some kind of Convenience or Preferred package included - none were truly base LE or L models. All of these vans had the backup camera integrated into the little screen high on the dash. I personally never saw it any other way. But it's possible that the really base models might not have had the small display and thus might not have had a backup camera. The dealer might have added a Gentex-style rearview mirror display for backup, or that might have been the fallback if it didn't have a dash LCD display.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
According to the 2011 and 2012 model year sales brochures, the backup camera and in-dash display was included in an optional "LE Preferred Package" but was standard beginning in the 2013 model year. The following is from the 2011 Sienna brochure - the random numbers after some of the words refer to footnotes:

LE Preferred Package15 — includes dual power sliding side doors, 8-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support and seatback pocket, electrochromic rearview mirror with HomeLink®26 universal transceiver, MultiInformation Display with backup camera,20 rear window sunshades, AM/FM/MP3 CD player, six speakers, XM® Radio6 (includes 90-day trial subscription), auxiliary audio jack, USB23 port with iPod®4 connectivity, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth®24 wireless technology, Vacuum Fluorescent Display, and steering wheel audio and voice-command controls

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes if I recall when buying our 2012 new we got the LE as it included the backup camera on the little screen high up on dash. I remember the base model Sienna and Odyssey at the time did not include a camera. I'd double check its not a base model 2012 with aftermarket camera.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, she was mistaken after all. The backup camera display is in the dash display, not the mirror. Thanks for your reply. I ended up buying the Van...2013 Sienna LE with 71K miles for 10K. Good deal?

·
Super Moderator
4,738 Posts
Assuming it's in good condition and has had all it's shots, it sounds to me like you did well. Welcome to SiennaChat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would anybody know if a 2010 highlander touch screen radio will fit the sienna? Someone gave me one, and would love to know before I start taking apart the dash. I have the 2010 XLE but the low end radio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

Looking to buy 2013 LE from out of state, and one minor detail is throwing me off and I hope the knowledge here can clear it up. The owner claims the backup camera screen is integrated into the rearview mirror, so I asked them if it was an aftermarket setup and they said no it came like this from the factory. Are you aware of such a setup? I thought the display for the backup camera is integrated in the small LCD screen and not the rearview mirror.

Thanks
Yes, the lower end models had that. It's terrible compated to the models that display the rear view image on a larger screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts