Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new here. I just want to share the tips about 08 sienna rack and pinion bushing replacement. I have a 08 XLE limited and I did the bushing replacement , it wasn’t too bad to do it. l have uploaded some photos about removing the old bushings. I spent 3 hours on the job and 75 CAD for the parts. It is way cheaper to buy a rebuilt assy from the parts store.
79DC3334-76F9-44AC-B30A-44EC240DE04C.jpeg

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to take those photos and post them. I replaced my rack with a rebuilt one that came with a lifetime warranty. It was much more convenient for me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to take those photos and post them. I replaced my rack with a rebuilt one that came with a lifetime warranty. It was much more convenient for me.
Mine is pretty rusty last time i looked so I'd probably go this route when it's time. Where did you get your rebuilt assy Paul?

·
Registered
2006 Sienna LE
132 Posts
I have seen people claim to replace the bushings while on the vehicle. Let's just say I"m skeptical of that claim. ;)

Nice job on the photos, DIY man.

Having done this job on my 2006, I can't imagine doing all that labor and NOT replacing the whole rack, but sometimes, you just don't have the bucks to do the whole thing, so it's nice to have the how-to posted here.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I have seen individuals guarantee to supplant the bushings while on the vehicle. How about we simply state I"m wary of that guarantee.

Having managed this work on my 2006, I can't envision doing all that work and NOT supplanting the entire rack, however now and then, you simply don't have the bucks to do the entire thing, so it's ideal to have the how-to posted here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts