Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable the XM mode on the radio? I don't subscribe, but every time I use the steering wheel button to change FM stations, it jumps to XM and plays an ad. Or if I could just delete all the XM presets, maybe that would work. But I don't know how to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The only way we can use steering wheel buttons to go from FM to XM in our Toyotas is to press the Mode button. Are you inadvertently pressing the Mode button when you press a channel up/down button? I did that after we bought one of our Toyotas until I got used to it it being in a different position on the steering wheel. I wish Toyota would choose one button configuration for all models and stick with it.

I don't think radio presets can be deleted - only reassigned. I've seen a few complaints about that on forums. Some people have assigned multiple presets to the same station when they wanted to toggle through fewer stations with the up/down buttons.

It used to be possible to unplug the XM tuner but I don't know if there is still a separate tuner now that it is standard equipment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I am definitely pressing the UP/DOWN button, but I'm beginning to think XM is coming up because we set some XM Favorites when it was free. I have written over XM stations on my other car with duplicates of the stations I listen to. You've reminded me to give that a try!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts